Honored Contributor

Re: Harvest Time at the Back Fence - November 2016

Okay, I finally got a call.  The surgery went well, Karen will be discharged tomorrow and Alan will have her call me this weekend.  Boy they don't keep you in the hospital long.  I guess it's better this way, you know, since MRSA is over hospitals :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Bernie,glad all went well for your SIL. Believe me,a hospital. Is no place for sick people!!!

will continue to keep her in my prayers...

Honored Contributor

@Winifred wrote:

Not as cold this morning as we have had the past couple days. Thank goodness for that. Interesting in that Ricky handles the cold weather very good, the little girl DOES NOT. She literally shivers.

How on earth do you get a slob to put his dirty clothes in the hamper - instead of digging them out of the room from every corner and nook and then having way too much to wash. I tried not washing them and everything I could think of - Davey could care less if he has clean clothes. LOL.

Hope one and all have a great day. Got some more of those great cinnamon and raisin bagels - enjoy!! Of course there is also some cream cheese.

@Winifred  You should collect his dirty clothes and hide them.  When he gets down to his underwear, tell him to wash his clothes or go to school like that.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Mousiegirl, I have done that, nothing bothers him. And yes, he has gone to school a few times smelling like a dirty clothes hamper. LOL. Some of these kids today are weird - to say the least.

Would love to go back to bed and just stay there until I want to start my day. What can I say?

Hope one and all have a great day -  looking at a HUGE pallet yard fire in San Bernardino - it is HUGE indeed, correct word to use. Now how could that happen this time of night/day - has been burning they say about 2 or 3 hours already. It is massive.

Have a great day one and all.

Honored Contributor

Well, if Davey buckles down regarding his education, you might have to let his funky attitude about clean clothing slide a little Freddie.  With that child you have to take baby steps to overall improvement Smiley Tongue

Hi ho, Hi ho, it's off to see my doctor, get my annual blood work I go, he he.

Then it's off to the annual mammogram.  Joyful, joyful, the things we gotta do to maintain our bodies :-)

Respected Contributor

Bernie, you are sooooooooo right BUT this week he has been something else. Grades continue to be better but his behavior has been to the point I am not happy about it - and especially his Mother's poor attitude about it. Her's hoping his Dad will get some sense in him.

Very warm today and yesterday - not sure what will happen tomorrow.

Hope one and all had a great day.

Honored Contributor

I slept lousy last night and have no idea why.  I was tired, didn't have anything on my mind and didn't eat late.  I woke up at 6am and could not get back to sleep.  Pffft.

I should get off of dead center and do something, anything, lol.  Can't seem to get motivated.  Well I did some wash, so that's something.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello, yesterday I finally got off of dead center and tanked up the Camaro and the gas can.  Both use a higher grade of gas and both were nearly empty.  Now that I have gas for the lawn mower, I guess I don't have an excuse for not mulching or vacuuming the leaves out there, lol.

I went to the 10am movies today - saw Inferno, with Tom Hanks.  Good movie - no nudity or swear words - suspenseful and kept me on the edge of my seat.

So far, 2 good movies in a row.  I can't remember if I mentioned the other one last month - The Accountant with Ben Affleck.  That one was good too - no nudity, very few swear words, suspenseful but kind of violent, lol

Respected Contributor

Bernie, am just curious. when you see a movie do you go to a theater or do you see it via Netflix or something? I rarely go to movies any more and cannot abide sitting and watching a movie in the house. Maybe I should try it.

I need to re-fill my gas cans - When I fill them the gas mysteriously disappears and I get really upset when I find I have no extra gas here. The nerve of some people.

Will leave some of those good bagels and have fresh coffee to start the day. Will need to get in another supply of bagels however. LOL. They sure go quickly and I do believe I eat most of them here.

Come on by people - stop and chat. Still wish some of the regulars of the past - not all a long way ago past - could return and chat with us. Would be super great!!!!!

Have a great day everyone.

Honored Contributor

@Winifred

Good Morning Freddie, I am incredibly lucky to have a movie theatre (MJR theatre franchise) about 2 miles from my house.  I used to be a blockbuster video girl, but they went out of business.  I don't have cable and I've never tried netflix.

This movie theatre has supersaver ($5) movie viewings before noone.  I think the earliest they go is 10 am.  Maybe that's the earliest I go, ha ha ha.

If I go alone or I go with my sister, I take a smaller thermos of coffee in my purse and either a toasted bagel, pop tart or some kind of breakfast bar with me. I can't eat candy or drink soda pop that early in the morning.  

My sister and I decided to do start doing something called movie Sunday.  We saw the Accountant 2 weeks ago, then we had scarey movie Sunday at my house and yesterday saw Inferno.

We still want to see Hacksaw Ridge and Manchester by the Sea.  Of course during the coming attractions yesterday I saw another movie to add to the list.

We miss crowds, most people who go at this time are in my age range or older so you don't have to deal with kids or younger people running their mouths through the show, rofl.

I've gone by myself and she's gone by herself.