Honored Contributor

Re: Happy Thanksgiving, everone

Hi everyone,

https://www.pinterest.com/scottlaunius/me/

Respected Contributor

@dex wrote:

@happygolfcartrider@Sounds like you had a great day.I had a nice dinner too with my DH.My son lives in another state too far to travelso I was happy that he was invited to his girlfriends family dinner.Her aunt loves to host all family dinners and even does everyone's birthday.I just don't have that kind of energy..sure wish I did.

@dex I know it is hard when a child lives too far to see them often, ours is only about 3 hours from us but we always stay home for Thanksgiving to help with our Church community meal. We serve around 300 in two hours, all a delicious home cooked meal. Next year you and your DH should consider going to a community gathering and share your meal with others. Don't be alone and who knows, you may even live in my area and come to my church! We welcome everyone with open arms and hearts!

I do not host big dinners anymore either, it is nice your son's girlfriend has a family that does. Our son does have a big meal with family but he knows our hearts are with them.

Christmas is the same thing, we stay home and help host a party for the homeless. We spent so many years with the family that now we feel our calling is to be with the less fortunate at Christmas.

I hope you are your family have a very Merry Christmas full of love, joy and laughter!

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

@happygolfcartrider You are a beautiful person. I have always thought that the church or community meals were for those that couldn't afford to have their own.I would not want to take a meal from someone who needed it.I am interested in serving those meals but my DH is funny about tradition. He would be upset if we didn't have a turkey dinner.I think it is more about the reflection of family memories than the turkey for him but he is stubborn.

Respected Contributor

@dex Thank you for your kindness. Community meals are for everyone and that is what is so nice about them expecially at our church. We have families, homeless, Seniors with no family, people passing through or on vacation. Everyone is welcome. We do not charge, some give  donation but it is not expected. We meet so many wonderful people and I can't wait til next year to do it again!

Don't worry, be Happy!