Honored Contributor

Happy News From My Daughter This Morning!

My oldest daughter's personality is just like her late Dad's.

High achievers.  Most people know someone like that. 

She manages to handle all of our businesses,  her husband's company business, works for the homeowner's association and more.

All of that while managing 3 teenagers and an 8 year old son.

But when I answered the phone this morning and the excitement in her voice was (in her often used word) "AMAZING".

She started off by saying, "Mom!  I have some AMAZING news for you!  It's so wonderful mom!"

I said, "OK, just tell me what's so amazing!"

She said, "I wrote an article for a Yoga magazine and they're going to publish it".

I took Yoga for 1 & 1/2 years and her youngest sister also still does hot yoga.  I had to quit due to back pain and knee pain.

She's just like her mom in that she's a frustrated writer.  The difference is she's extremely organized and motivated...unlike her mom.

Every writer dreams of being 'published'.  I used to write for the college newspaper.  I was the editor for awhile.

But my daughter was impressed when a short article I submitted to the Washington Post was printed there.

I've been published a few short pieces here and there.  I didn't even know my daughter was submitting articles to various places in the hope of getting them printed.

I knew she wanted it, but I didn't realize she was STILL submitting articles.

She could hardly finish telling me all about the article.  She sent me a copy of the email from the magazine's editor.

She said, "I don't know if I'll get paid, but it doesn't matter.  I'm finally published".  

Then she stopped talking.  There was dead silence on the phone.  I said, "Are you still there?"  She said, "Katie (her sister) just texted that it's a magazine in London."

I've gotta go and figure out how I can get the magazine!  

So funny.  In this day and age that won't be a problem.

I've had some here tell me I should start a blog.  My late husband used to almost beg me to write a book.

I'm just not interested.  But I do love it that my baby girl (she's 46) has been published.  I do love the fact that her morning started off AMAZING (like she says).

That's one of the wonderful things about being a parent.  It's as if I got the news that something I wrote was going to be published.

When your kid achieves something AMAZING it makes it AMAZING for the mom too.

Tell me something Amazing that happened recently that made you feel ..... well...(dare I say it again?)  AMAZING!  Ha!

Honored Contributor

Re: Happy News From My Daughter This Morning!

Congratulations to your daughter and congratulations to her proud mother.  Enjoy your day.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

Even tho I don't know you, nor do I know your daughter, I'm happy for you that she's being published! I hope this is the first of many articles she writes.

Esteemed Contributor

How exciting !   Congratulations to your daughter.

Valued Contributor

Congratulations to you and your daughter @Annabellethecat66 , that is exciting news for your daughter.

This must be the day for good news from our daughters. My daughter called me this morning saying she got into the graduate school she wanted to. She was very happy because that was the school and program she wanted for her master's degree. And the icing on the cake is they are giving her a merit scholarship.

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  Congratulations 🎈🍾!! As mothers it's so wonderful to see our children flourish. 

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 How wonderful!  "The arrow from the bow!".!!! (Gilbran).

See the source image

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

My oldest daughter's personality is just like her late Dad's.

High achievers.  Most people know someone like that. 

She manages to handle all of our businesses,  her husband's company business, works for the homeowner's association and more.

All of that while managing 3 teenagers and an 8 year old son.

But when I answered the phone this morning and the excitement in her voice was (in her often used word) "AMAZING".

She started off by saying, "Mom!  I have some AMAZING news for you!  It's so wonderful mom!"

I said, "OK, just tell me what's so amazing!"

She said, "I wrote an article for a Yoga magazine and they're going to publish it".

I took Yoga for 1 & 1/2 years and her youngest sister also still does hot yoga.  I had to quit due to back pain and knee pain.

She's just like her mom in that she's a frustrated writer.  The difference is she's extremely organized and motivated...unlike her mom.

Every writer dreams of being 'published'.  I used to write for the college newspaper.  I was the editor for awhile.

But my daughter was impressed when a short article I submitted to the Washington Post was printed there.

I've been published a few short pieces here and there.  I didn't even know my daughter was submitting articles to various places in the hope of getting them printed.

I knew she wanted it, but I didn't realize she was STILL submitting articles.

She could hardly finish telling me all about the article.  She sent me a copy of the email from the magazine's editor.

She said, "I don't know if I'll get paid, but it doesn't matter.  I'm finally published".  

Then she stopped talking.  There was dead silence on the phone.  I said, "Are you still there?"  She said, "Katie (her sister) just texted that it's a magazine in London."

I've gotta go and figure out how I can get the magazine!  

So funny.  In this day and age that won't be a problem.

I've had some here tell me I should start a blog.  My late husband used to almost beg me to write a book.

I'm just not interested.  But I do love it that my baby girl (she's 46) has been published.  I do love the fact that her morning started off AMAZING (like she says).

That's one of the wonderful things about being a parent.  It's as if I got the news that something I wrote was going to be published.

When your kid achieves something AMAZING it makes it AMAZING for the mom too.

Tell me something Amazing that happened recently that made you feel ..... well...(dare I say it again?)  AMAZING!  Ha!

YOU really should write a book! I got to the part where "It's a magazine in London" and totally cracked up! 
  We are happy when our amazing "kids" do well! 
   My son owns a Comic Book store. (After years of private school & college). Lately he was beaming when he showed me an article on the store with neat colored photos of it and himself. 
   When I asked what magazine he showed me the front. It was a monthly free one for tourists!

Maybe he will get more customers!

Honored Contributor

Congrats to you and your daughter @Annabellethecat66 . It IS amazing when our kids achieve a goal and even better when they look forward to sharing the news with Mom! 💕

Esteemed Contributor

That is amazing, I would be so excited too!

Congrats to you and you daughter!