Respected Contributor

To Those Who Celebrate

Orthodox Easter in Bay Ridge

What Does "Christos Anesti" Mean?

Honored Contributor

@MorningLover We remember!  We have many cherished friends who are Orthodox Christians. 

May the day be blessed for all who celebrate today!

Honored Contributor

When I was a child we lived next store to an Orthodox church (Greek). I still remember the priest and church members walking three times around the church.

Honored Contributor

Yes, happy Easter to orthodox Christians!  Thank you for the reminder; I'm seeing my Greek sister-in-law (SIL) today.

@Group 5 minus 1  Why do they walk around the church three times?

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr This may get poofed. Hope not.  To remember the three days The Nazarene was in the tomb.

Honored Contributor

Re: Happy Easter April 16

[ Edited ]

Thank you, MorningLover.  I was able to "attend" our beautiful Easter service at my Church last night by live-streaming the event.

As always, I cried every time we sang "Christos anesti" (Christ is risen) and moved our lit candles in the Sign of the Cross.  For me, it is emotionally powerful.

Even before Covid, I did not attend this late-night service because the church is far from me (relatively speaking).  For decades I have attended what is called the Agape service on Easter Sunday.

I've not yet returned to services in person but hope to very soon.  

HAPPY EASTER to all Orthodox Christians!

Contributor

Happy Easter, Kalo Pasxa!

Honored Contributor
Easter. Vector cute illustration with nature landscape and church Happy Easter. Vector cute illustration with nature landscape and church Easter stock vector