Honored Contributor

Re: 🎂 Happy Birthday NAES 🌹

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm a day late!   @butterfly123,  You are so thoughtful.❤️    Such a lovely thread for such a lovely person!

I'm glad your birthday was a happy day, dear @NAES1!    In the coming year may you be surrounded with happiness, filled with laughter, wrapped with pleasure, brightened with fun, graced with beauty, warmed with friendships, blessed with love, enriched with hope, and celebrated with joy.❤️

birthday.gif

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, Naes.  As you know, we lived in the city but lived only 20 mins. from Grandma and Grandpa's farm. I so agree....it was the best of both worlds!  I haven't quit thinking about Grandma's peach pie since you mentioned the peach and apple orchard.   They had peach trees on the back 40 and there is nothing quite like warm fresh peach pie with  vanilla ice cream!  I had to laugh at peeling peaches.  NOT FUN! I did like snapping green beans though and Grandma had to get down on us for eating strawberries as fast as we picked them!  I can still hear her say, "You kids better quit eating all the strawberries if you want pie"!   I loved going back in the woods a picking berries, too.

One time my sister and I tried to hatch an egg we found.  We put it in a box with some straw over it and set it in the sun.  Needless to say, that didn't work out so well!!!!

My brother, sister, and I tried to build a tree house.  That didn't turn out so well either but it kept us busy for hours.  That Grandma knew what she was doing!  Ha!  I loved shooting cans off the fence with my brothers bb bun when he  would share it with me (which wasn't often!).  I did go a bit hysterical when he would shoot a bird with it and would run and tell on him. I remember sitting on the big porch overlooking the corn fields with a tall glass of lemonade or sun tea in those old aluminum glasses that sweat so badly. Grandma made crotcheted glass holders so they wouldn't slip out of our hands.  There always seemed to be a breeze coming through.  Great sleep at the farm, too. I remember it being so dark I couldn't see my hand when I held it up.  Oh, I could tell you so many stories and I'll bet you could, too!  I totally agree....we were so blessed to have these experiences.  Going from riding the bus to go downtown to spending a day at the farm.

I hope your birthday was all you hoped for.  Just think.... one day we will see each other in person.  If not down here....in Heaven!  You know what, I think we will know each other right away.  Your kindness and sweetness will shine so bright that you won't be hard to find!  Thanks so much for your kind words.

Honored Contributor

A big bunch of belated birthday wishes for you! - Juicy Lucy Designs

Happy Birthday, belated,  my friend, NAES.   I hope your day was lovely and very  special.like you.   

Sorry I wasn't on time with birthday wishes for you.  I just now put my computer back on line as we traveled all of Saturday afternoon and into the wee Sunday morning hours.   After a bit of sleep, mass, then over to our family Easter celebration at my nephew's home in Illinois.   I got home late evening and didn't unpack my computer till this morning.  

I know your sweetie and Sashay made your day a very special one.  Heart

Honored Contributor

@NAES1 Image result for happy birthday quotes with pictures

Esteemed Contributor

Time passes so quickly, and I have CERTAINLY missed you my blessed friend being a Christian. I always understood your thoughts before you finished.

Those little treasures of yours will absolutely learn so much, be so active and grow to learn {OF} nature as never before.

What a wonderful ideal summer camp. I remember when your little one was 3 years old, along with Lily. Unless I find a friend when on line, I usually do miss, or as you have a little bit of tracing around to find whomever.

I had not been here from December '18 to just about the first part of April. Took some time off to have time with many charities, letter writing, phone calls and my art work. 

Two years ago I had a soft slip backing up in the kitchen not watching what I was doing and poof hit the back vertebrae and startled me just enough to BOING- going to the right and tear my cartilage around the femur causing some inflammatory issues. Also, hit the femoral area shifting the area slightly to the side. I had -YES- a 3 hour mri and now 2 +years later  (??) possibly will see a neurologist for nerve block cutting the nerve...haven't made my mind to go there yet.

Anyway, 5 years ago I was prancing around looking for our lost cat, Cream in the snow up the lane when I barely stepped onto a small incline and tore the patella (knee) to one side, so now have bone against bone. Believe I told you about that.... not bad at all, so it's lurking its head to ouches.

AIN'T IT FUN when doing stupid human tricks?

I could have had surgery but my inner self says no because I know when cut on (usually) never the same.

Woman Surprised I've lived with these two mistakes for over 2 years and the other one (snow slip) 6 years so being careful, I am still able to walk 1-2 miles if not over doing.  Apparently I have a high threshold to pain, but can take something if needed. 

One of the last times I heard from you was when you were doing PT/ warm water, along with "E" in the facility. Also, your visiting the nursing homes helping out on a based timed window when able. 

Hopefully, you knew KittieCream died 7 months after adopting due to severe squamous cell carcinoma cancer.     ~~~ * She was surrendered to the SPCA on her birthday at age 10 years old. I have ever reason to believe the owners ----knew--- she was ill and just gave her up.

I knew the 1st hour after my husband adopted her something was wrong with her oral cavity and let @beastielove  know immediately.

I kept thinking she she didn't like the food or was not use to many others. She wanted to cling to me every minute. I managed a little soft food and had a sprinkle system for water so she could catch the spray upward. 

Many Pet lovers' friends stayed with me all through her illness, especially @dooBdoo  with sleep. Heart

I love both of these beautiful ladies | children of God | so very much, as I do @Tissyanne  and you.

This horrible cancer almost took me over the edge.

I stopped for 4 months after that from posting. 

Please, I have missed you and hope that I may find you easily the next time through notifications. I have decreased my messaging down a lot. That may have been the reason of not finding me...... ~Smiley Happy

I was livid to know that someone would be so horribly evil. I cared for her right up to those last two (2) days when she wanted water and could NOT even have a drop. 

The Vets kept assuring me she was not that bad with illness, but I told them they were definitely mis -guided in that last 2 weeks.

The cost kept climbing as they ran more tests to about $2K. I knew then it was more for them taking in, than the truth!  Just kept her on infusions & sedation. 

That was 2.5 years ago this October when we made the decision `` NO MORE`` and released her- to no pain ever again.  I will tell you later on about the kitty that came here 1 day after KittieCream had left us for a better universe. 

She's ( Sashay) going to be 11 this June..was around 8 when she came here to live. The most darling little fur bubble and the the smartest feline I have ever known. Sending a hug with a big grin.. and a smile of thank you for the birthdy wishes of kindness. 

love,

be happy and take special care. 

NAES Heart

Valued Contributor

Hi NAES.  I just wanted to wish you a happy birthday.  We miss you on the Hello Thread.  I remember KittyCream and Sashay.  Have a wonderful day........Issy.

Esteemed Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

Hi,Naess.  As you know, we lived in the city but lived only 20minss. from Grandma and Grandpa's farm. I so agree....it was the best of both worlds!  I haven't quit thinking about Grandma's peach pie since you mentioned the peach and apple orchard.   They had peach trees on the back 40 and there is nothing quite like warm fresh peach pie with  vanilla ice cream!  I had to laugh at peeling peaches.  NOT FUN! I did like snapping green beans though and Grandma had to get down on us for eating strawberries as fast as we picked them!  I can still hear her say, "You kids better quit eating all the strawberries if you want pie"!   I loved going back in the woods a picking berries, too.

One time my sister and I tried to hatch an egg we found.  We put it in a box with some straw over it and set it in the sun.  Needless to say, that didn't work out so well!!!!

My brother, sister, and I tried to build a tree house.  That didn't turn out so well either but it kept us busy for hours.  That Grandma knew what she was doing!  Ha!  I loved shooting cans off the fence with my brothersbbb bun when he  would share it with me (which wasn't often!).  I did go a bit hysterical when he would shoot a bird with it and would run and tell on him. I remember sitting on the big porch overlooking the corn fields with a tall glass of lemonade or sun tea in those old aluminum glasses that sweat so badly. Grandma madecrotchetedd glass holders so they wouldn't slip out of our hands.  There always seemed to be a breeze coming through.  Great sleep at the farm, too. I remember it being so dark I couldn't see my hand when I held it up.  Oh, I could tell you so many stories and I'll bet you could, too!  I totally agree....we were so blessed to have these experiences.  Going from riding the bus to go downtown to spending a day at the farm.

I hope your birthday was all you hoped for.  Just think.... one day we will see each other in person.  If not down here....in Heaven!  You know what, I think we will know each other right away.  Your kindness and sweetness will shine so bright that you won't be hard to find!  Thanks so much for your kind words.

@jubilant , 

How wonderful to hear from you, Jubilant ...and you must know the love I have for you, always.

I hadn't been here since the21stt, also, but along with catching up on @Tissyanne 's illness that is very mystifying on @butterfly123 's prayer thread. 

I enjoyed your chldhoodd stories, so much as mine. 

You were blessed and for those years, that I had, too- that experience we will never forget it. 

We had a large bull that belonged to one of the helping hands and remained on our farm meadow; I had heard many times wave a red cloth and the bull will run towards you.. I was about 10 years old, so being me, I crossed the fence and bravely went about 200 ft, if that, and waved a sweater to scientifically find out if so...

My dad saw me from the barn and hurridly jumped the fence, got me over to safety seconds before the bull's horns rammed the fence.

Gee! Did I get a look, not a spanking, daddy never once hit me in any way..it scared him so much that I had to promise never -ever to go near that or any large animal not knowing anything about 'the' animal unless he was with me.

I am guessing ( I thought) I could out run the bull... bet`ya never did anything that risky?

Seriously, I grew up not being afraid, maybe a little dense at times but I believed that I would not take chances unless I did not strongly believe in myself, so I will never know if I could have made the jumping the fence stunt or not.

That's my story of risky bulls and waving something before any.  I wasn't mischievous, just full of life and very street smart. I always believed that was why I chose the prince of a dream marrying my husband - I knew security and safety with love, because in the beginning I had made up my mind to go as far in to medicine, never marrying. God had another plan..that's for sure. 

Yes, @jubilant , I will know you in Heaven instantly. 

You'll have the bright blinking Halo on Heart

Well, really...

never mastered the string bean zip- a- way. Must have been when mom said your sister can do this and you keep peeling.

Bushels and bushels of peaches all night long, then the apples in September were stacked carefully in special wood baskets for a placed that provided cold storage. 

My mom and I must not have the same gene pool for canning because I have never canned anything in my life. but did 6 months ago mastered the recipe making cornbread. Never too late? ! Boring. 

Medicine and teen to young adulthood modeling were my passions. I was going to NYC for a career.

I never washed a dish until I was married, then my surprise - A DISHWASHER! 

I loved my horse back riding and milking the cows, though. I remember telling you I have made (1) apple pie in my entire life from scratch...Oh! SO! pretty my husband took a picture of it. trying for the biscuits now... A little more difficult; I bought the wood spread board which is still in the box. 

I sure do sound like a farm girl. All righty!

My dad made biscuits every morning before leaving for nursing school.4a.m. Delicious!

No one actually had shown me, mainly because I had no desire in cooking but we lived in our home with what I knew. My husband cooked the first 2 months, or we ate out. 

Our son flew in from across the coast and had a catered belated Easter/ birthday dinner, yesterday.

He is the light of my (our) life.  I will get back to you when I find out more of Tissyanne's doctor'sappoinmentt. Please prayers for Tissy.

Loved you for years and that will never be forgotten. Thank you so very much for being the best friend anyone could ever have.

LOVE,

NAES Woman Happy Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Issy379 wrote:

Hi NAES.  I just wanted to wish you a happy birthday.  We miss you on the Hello Thread.  I remember KittyCream and Sashay.  Have a wonderful day........Issy.

@Issy379 , HI!  Heart~

I have missed you very much, Issy.

Actually, haven't been there for over a year ++. I did have several forum messages asking where was I, though. 

I never actually understood why there was a short note in ( parentheses) after or doing my post but someone(?)-  |one of the new people| I did not know had mentioned something odd about she (??) whoever did not want to hear ...I had always believed it was this new girl/ woman since her name was inserted. I remember speaking about traveling.

Anyway, she began to be off to something else -a bit scruffy and I said -what?

From that time on no one asked about the subject, so I did not want to be interfering.

I may just come over..maybe she can explain.

I really have missed you. And Mr. 6 ft- 2. 

Often I have wondered about Snappy and hope that she is doing well, as well as you. I want to hear all that is new with you. You were not there that day. Neither was Cute T.

Dawn read and then left. Is Ms. Lomo still there? She was so sweet and loved cooking.  I had not been posting from December to early April. I had missed a lot but catching up. many many friends. 

Thank you so very much for your sincere birthday wishes. You were always the fashion guru & perfume authority..pretty much gravitated to something that I enjoyed.

I loved when you said, " I snagged something interesting". Take special care and I'll be over.  

Missing you a lot, always, NAES

Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

I'm a day late!   @butterfly123,  You are so thoughtful.❤️    Such a lovely thread for such a lovely person!

I'm glad your birthday was a happy day, dear @NAES1!    In the coming year may you be surrounded with happiness, filled with laughter, wrapped with pleasure, brightened with fun, graced with beauty, warmed with friendships, blessed with love, enriched with hope, and celebrated with joy.❤️

birthday.gif

Heart         Heart         Heart ~  @dooBdoo 

Sweetest angel that I admire and my entire being fills with a sisterhood that only a princess could bounce off the clouds sharing understanding

How 'privileged' that each of us can have you comforting us with your beautiful art of composition and a full heart of love to always be there with a close loving sense ~ a song of poetry~

You possess a warmth that touches each other to make their day, that event a more positive lasting growth that illuminates for the soul, that wisdom, a pause that brings about a quality that has been proven.  Incandescence comes to my mind to be a lasting closeness as your nature ~

I have never heard, read or felt anything that you have given, with words, to friends here, that has not helped someone else, including myself. 

What exquisite and beautiful thoughts you have bestowed for me by wishing me a delightful new birthday that would excite anyone to live forever~

I have limited words to establish how dear you are to me and everyone that admires you. That you should never forget the longest day you shall live~

Oh my friend, the beauty of your focusing on an individual's journey passing through, is glorious. 

` We love you so very much `

NAES

for April 21st

Sunday