Honored Contributor

Really cute idea for decorative purposes but in the morning the whole pole would have to be taken down to access the stockings by the kiddies??

I do like it but I'm just curious as to how practical it would be come Christmas morning?

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@JB116. I think I get what you are saying. Unless you have many stockings that you put bricks into, I think as only as the rod is substantial and won't bend, a hook on each end should suffice.

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Respected Contributor

I don't hang stockings, but I like your clever idea! Hmmmmm..... I am inspired. Maybe we WILL put up stockings for each of our eight cats using your method. I usually just wrap their toys. 

Honored Contributor

I wish we could have done this when I was young. Granted we didn't have a mantel--or fireplace.  I am not sure why we never had stockings.  We never questioned why at my house.

Trusted Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

Really cute idea for decorative purposes but in the morning the whole pole would have to be taken down to access the stockings by the kiddies??

I do like it but I'm just curious as to how practical it would be come Christmas morning? 

I don't know how practical taking down the rod would be  on Christmas morning but it sure looks super cute hanging up.  

I would do it.

Honored Contributor

@hennypenny

This would be best, IMO and what a great idea for the parents!

If anybody can think of an engineering feat to hold the mantle hooks firmly that would be great.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~