Honored Contributor

Halloween trick or treaters this year....

[ Edited ]

I am going to pass again this year opening my door to trick or treaters... last year no one came thank goodness... this year I still do not feel comfortable  with welcoming them.  I purchased this sign on Amazon and will put it out at the end of my walk way so they can see it.

Respected Contributor

Re: Halloween trick or treaters this year....

I always have my house decorated. Lights on. Bowl of treats at bottom of steps on a decorated table. Help yourself. I don't want to be tempted with leftovers. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

For the past 5 years or so we no longer have very many, but out light will be on, our carved pumpkin will be on the porch, and we will be giving out candy to any that come!

🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

Lights will be on and I will be ready to welcome trick or treaters with candy treats. The weather is sometimes a factor here and I see it is on a Sunday. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Halloween is on a Sunday this year.  I hope we get lots of kids!  Last year was very cold and rainy and we did get a few kids - maybe 10 or so.

I wouldn't put a sign like that out.  I would leave the light off and just not answer the door. 

Respected Contributor

Couldn't you just leave the lights off. That sign...it just seems harsh.

The cutest thing I saw last year was a house that had a pvc pipe with a board that had a face painted on it. The pipe came out of the mouth. The person would slide a candy down the pipe for the trick or treaters.

Very cute!

Respected Contributor

I also will be handing out candy. 

Respected Contributor

I live in a small country sub & look forward to handing out candy...can't wait to see the kids dressed in their costumes & having fun. If I wasn't giving candy my outside lights would be off, no silly debbie downer sign needed.

Respected Contributor

We live in a neighborhood with tons of kiddos.  We plan to do what we did last year:  we made treat bags and placed them on a table in the driveway.  No contact but fun for the kids! 😊

Trusted Contributor

I won't be handing out candy but I also don't feel the need to put up a sign.  Just leave your light off.