Frequent Contributor

Re: Halloween trick or treaters this year....

[ Edited ]

I think I am going to hand out treats this year.  I skipped last year.  I'm fully vaccinated and have purchased a Halloween Covid mask with Jack-O-Laterns all over it: your orders

Janet in Georgia
Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

loved some of the responses! 😄

what did you expect????   LOL!

I posted a legitimate question and got nothing but sarcasm and I was brutally attacked.  I only lurk and post very little now.

Since QVC sells my absolute favorite thing (wen) and I love easy pay and have a second mortgage with them LOL! well, I just come here when killing time.  Not that I mind paying them.  I think easy pay is great.

Respected Contributor

@Silver Lining wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I am going to pass again this year opening my door to trick or treaters... last year no one came thank goodness... this year I still do not feel comfortable  with welcoming them.  I purchased this sign on Amazon and will put it out at the end of my walk way so they can see it.

I wouldn't bet on it. People will see a sign with a smiling pumpkin and assume it is welcoming them. People see the words "trick or treat" and it being Halloween they probably don't expect or notice it is a negative sign. Another thing, surely you don't want an older prankster taking offence and messing with your !awn.

If they mess with her lawn, they don't deserve ANY treats.....

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Putting a sign up like that at the end of your driveway will likely cause you more problems.  You are just attracting attention to your house.  I could see some mischievous kids causing you some damage.  If you don't want to pass out candy simply leaving your porch lights off is sufficient.  I have done that for years - no need to advertise.

Honored Contributor

We moved in May of this year, and our new subdivision has quite a few kids, so I am looking forward to passing out candy this year!!!!!Depending on the weather, I just may sit out on my porch with a big bowl!

Honored Contributor

I am in an apartment this year so have no idea what the kid traffic will be like, but will get a few bags just in case---there are kids here too. 

Honored Contributor

We used to get over a hundred kids at the door but, in the past few years, the numbers have dwindled.  I buy full-size chocolate bars and I will again this year.  If no one shows up I'll bring the chocolate to work.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Don't get any trick or treaters here.

Honored Contributor

There was no trick or treating here last year and I'm sure there won't be any this year.  Towns didn't officially ban it but parents were smart enough to skip it.  The malls had trick or treating like every year and families had parties.  We are planning a party for my grandchildren and my great niece.  The kids are 5 years and 8 years.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FastDogWalker2 wrote:

We live in a neighborhood with tons of kiddos.  We plan to do what we did last year:  we made treat bags and placed them on a table in the driveway.  No contact but fun for the kids! 😊

@FastDogWalker2 

We don't get a ton of children, but we did the same thing at our house last year.

@SeaMaiden 

You should definitely do what makes you comfortable. Personally, I'd skip the sign, and keep the front of my house dark.

I plan on making treat bags again this year. Since I'm vaccinated I may hand them out instead of putting them on a table. I will definitely wear a mask if I do that.