Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I got an email from my salon today.....the state is allowing them to open in a week or so...they are following the state guidelines.

I am not concerned about going what irked me.... they will most likely be raising prices because of the pandemic.....hmmmm, I have not made any money either.  

My stylist has been doing my hair for years...I will not be happy if prices go up.  I am not sure how that comment will go over with her clients.

Great! Higher prices and you chance going home infected. Sounds like a bad idea to me. 

Ours opened up in Georgia and they did not raise the prices. Also since opening up things here we have had a steady decrease in cases everyday since. 

Trusted Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@SeaMaiden I am not concerned...we both have to wear a mask and the # of people in the salon at a time is limited....and as before cleaned between clients.  

As far as the price increase, I will see...her situation is no different than mine...our business is closed as well as hers.

Your safer going in a Salon than Going in a grocery store of Home Depot etc. that's for sure. 

Trusted Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

I will wait. My life is more important than how my hair looks

Salons are a heck of lot safer to go into than any Grocery Store or Lowe's of Home Depot amd the list goes on. I feel if they have stayed opened and survived so can a lot of businesses. Just my opinion.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hairdresser opening...

[ Edited ]

I got my hair cut and colored today. It was such a relief. You had to wait in your car, call the salon when you arrived. They require a mask. Only 10 people are allowed in the salon. You can only bring in your wallet and cellphone; no coats or purses were allowed. They sanitized the chairs and the sink after each client left. All stylists were wearing masks.  I did notice the costs went up by $10.00. My stylist was glad to be back to work. She and her husband were both furloughed. Also, the salon had placed partitions between each work station and the sinks.

Esteemed Contributor

A few of the hairdressers are asking their clients to download Zelle. A lot of people already have that program and there are no fees involved and I prefer that also.

Honored Contributor

@Lucylu12 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I got an email from my salon today.....the state is allowing them to open in a week or so...they are following the state guidelines.

I am not concerned about going what irked me.... they will most likely be raising prices because of the pandemic.....hmmmm, I have not made any money either.  

My stylist has been doing my hair for years...I will not be happy if prices go up.  I am not sure how that comment will go over with her clients.

Great! Higher prices and you chance going home infected. Sounds like a bad idea to me. 

Ours opened up in Georgia and they did not raise the prices. Also since opening up things here we have had a steady decrease in cases everyday since. 

@Lucylu12, from the Augusta Chronicle:

The percentage increase has continually declined each of the following weeks for the Augusta area, even after Kemp lifted restrictions on some businesses and allowed them to reopen but with social distancing requirements in place. Augusta area counties had 686 confirmed cases of COVID-19 on that date and increased to 799 the follwing week on May 1, a 16.5 percent increase. There were 855 confirmed cases of COVID-19 as of Friday morning, an increase of just over seven percent from the previous week.

Since businesses were allowed to reopen with some restrictions, an additional 169 positive cases were reported in the Augusta area for an increase of 24.5 percent, according to the analysis. Georgia, on the other hand, has seen more than 9,200 new cases of COVID-19 since April 24, an increase of more than 41 percent.

Since April 24, Georgia has suffered more than 450 additional deaths, an increase of more than 50 percent, the analysis found.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I don't understand the non use of hair dryers?  Afraid of blowing germs?

Esteemed Contributor

@Twins Mom  I don´t understand it either. Will check with my hairdresser because she didn´t mention this. I preferfor her to use the hair dryer. She opened on the 8th May so i will wait until next week to make an appointment because I want to make sure everything is ok on her side.

The building is about a year old. A few beauty Salons and barber shops are in the building  but only 2 chairs in each Salon. Now she will only be taking one client at a time. I like this. 

Honored Contributor

@Twins Mom   I thought it was odd..but yes, maybe they think they are blowing germs around.  I don't know if this is a guideline they put into place or it's part of our state guidlines...I'm not wild about walking out with wet hair.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hairdresser opening...

[ Edited ]

@Janey2 wrote:

I will wait. My life is more important than how my hair looks

Me too.  Even with fewer people in a salon, the stylist still has to be very close to clients, and still has to touch them.  I'm really not comfortable with that right now.

I color my own hair (although I haven't done it in the last couple of months), so all I have to worry about is the length, which is much too long.  But I'm keeping it up in a ponytail or I pull it back, and that's what I'll continue to do.  I'm not happy with the way it looks, but sitting in a stylist's chair is not something I'll be willing to do anytime soon.