Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ha Ha Nosey new neighbors

@151949, I think I'd have to come up with something to do to give them all stuff to talk about Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Perhaps this neighbor is too concerned but he will have to live with this new constuction and there has already been a change, no matter how insignificant. You can't know his prior experience; it may a case of once burned twice shy.

If that's the case he shouldn't of sold the property. He built both the other two houses over there. I think he is mad we wouldn't let him build our house. No way. He screwed the one guy when building and they don't even talk. He isn't even a professional builder. He told my dad last night that one of the other lots Is getting ready to be sold. Maybe our builder would give both a discount if both houses were built at the same time. Lol lmao. This guy is coo coo.

Honored Contributor

Oh my gosh this would not go over well with us!!

The neighbor thinks he has some say in this build because he had to sign off on the inital plans/covenants, etc.  That should be the end of his involvement!

It's a good thing your folks have a good sense of humor and are patient but it would rankle us.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:
Anyone have Nosey neighbors. About a 1.5 ago my parents bought property. There are four lots. 2 have houses. We bought one and one is still up for sale. The two neighbors already there are super nice and my parents get along great with them even though they are young enough to be their children. I think they are actually younger then me. Anyway the guy we bought the lot from keeps calling wanting updates. When my dad was over there with the builder he came up to my dad and wouldn't leave him alone. This Nosey neighbor lives in the woods right behind us. His son is the one that keeps calling. We have covenents my dad worked on with them before we closed on the land. This guy keeps calling reminding my dad about them. Lol. I think once the house starts we are going to have to put up no trespass signs. Does this guy realize they have no say in what we do as long as we follow the covenants. The one neighbor on the side that just moved in their last fall says he wants to have a talk with my dad about this guy. He must be having issues with him being a busy body.

@ccassaday

I read your post twice and am still not sure ..... what "updates"  are you talking about?   If the guy sold some property and no longer has any legal connection to it, why are people even talking to him?   I must be missing something here.   

Honored Contributor

In my situation, I am the nosey neighbor.   My closest neighbors are my brother and my mom.   The property on the other side of my mom used to be owned by another family member, who then sold it.  

We are out in the boonies of WV and outside of illegal activity, there are no property restrictions.   Over 20 years ago, the new neighbors moved in a 1970's model mobile home, and proceeded to give us first hand view of the full meaning of trailer trash at its worst.   The trailer has never been underpinned, 3 outbuildings are stuffed with bags of actual garbage, they have also established an open dump, and there are 4 non-running junk cars parked on the property.   

The boys say they will sell the place when their dad passes, and know we are interested in buying it.   If they sold the property to us tomorrow, it would take at least $15,000+ more to clean up their trash and haul the trailer away.   

Esteemed Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

Oh my gosh this would not go over well with us!!

The neighbor thinks he has some say in this build because he had to sign off on the inital plans/covenants, etc.  That should be the end of his involvement!

It's a good thing your folks have a good sense of humor and are patient but it would rankle us.

The only say he has is to make sure when presented the plans that it is the square footage min required by the covenents. Also it needs to be 80% natural on the exterior. Which it is with all the stone. 

Honored Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

Perhaps this neighbor is too concerned but he will have to live with this new constuction and there has already been a change, no matter how insignificant. You can't know his prior experience; it may a case of once burned twice shy.

If that's the case he shouldn't of sold the property. He built both the other two houses over there. I think he is mad we wouldn't let him build our house. No way. He screwed the one guy when building and they don't even talk. He isn't even a professional builder. He told my dad last night that one of the other lots Is getting ready to be sold. Maybe our builder would give both a discount if both houses were built at the same time. Lol lmao. This guy is coo coo.

That is it, he is being a pain because of that.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@ccassaday wrote:
Anyone have Nosey neighbors. About a 1.5 ago my parents bought property. There are four lots. 2 have houses. We bought one and one is still up for sale. The two neighbors already there are super nice and my parents get along great with them even though they are young enough to be their children. I think they are actually younger then me. Anyway the guy we bought the lot from keeps calling wanting updates. When my dad was over there with the builder he came up to my dad and wouldn't leave him alone. This Nosey neighbor lives in the woods right behind us. His son is the one that keeps calling. We have covenents my dad worked on with them before we closed on the land. This guy keeps calling reminding my dad about them. Lol. I think once the house starts we are going to have to put up no trespass signs. Does this guy realize they have no say in what we do as long as we follow the covenants. The one neighbor on the side that just moved in their last fall says he wants to have a talk with my dad about this guy. He must be having issues with him being a busy body.

@ccassaday

I read your post twice and am still not sure ..... what "updates"  are you talking about?   If the guy sold some property and no longer has any legal connection to it, why are people even talking to him?   I must be missing something here.   

Before we closed on the property my dad worked with the guy we bought the land from on covenants. The person we bought the land from has to approve the plans. He has to OK the sq footage as it has to be a certain amount. He also has to OK the exterior. Once one more lot is sold we can create a association and he will have no say anymore on anything. But it's dumb because my dad created those covenants and is not going to go against them.

This guy called my dad back today. He wanted my sisters number at the builder.  My dad told her that she is not to give out any info on their plans. He will get them from the builder in a week or so. He thinks it has something to do with the other lot being sold and they need a builder. I guess we will find out this weekend when my parents go to their house to go over everything.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@blondiechick wrote:

I have a nosy neighbor.  She knows everthing that goes on in the neighborhood.  I think she sits in her kitchen and watches everything out her kitchen window. 

@blondiechick  This is why I live in the trees, lol. Neighbors here don't know each other.

Respected Contributor

Yes, I have incredibly nosy neighbors, and they're charter members of the Debbie Downer club. It drives me crazy. We're in a four unit condo building and they occupy the middle two units, with a shared garage for all four units. I've been here the longest. They don't have any interests other than complaining that I know of, but that's still no excuse for their constant spying on everyone else. I've gone so far as to tell them "I'm not elderly, ill, infirm, incompetent or in any other way unable to manage any and all aspects of my life. I do not need, do not want and will not tolerate being watched, monitored, observed or kept tabs on in any way". I sneak out of the house when I travel so they won't know when I'm gone.  At least they've stopped taping notes on my door about every little thing. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~