Honored Contributor

Re: Ha Ha Nosey new neighbors

@blondiechick wrote:

I have a nosy neighbor.  She knows everthing that goes on in the neighborhood.  I think she sits in her kitchen and watches everything out her kitchen window. 

Seems like the retirees are the worst.  I work a 40 hour week and don't pay much attention but I'll occasionally ask the local Gladys Kravitz what I missed.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Gosh, where I live you can't pass gas without the entire neighborhood knowing it and greatly exaggerating it.One nosey neighbor wouldn't bother me at all -- try having dozens of people who no longer work watching and listening to your every move 24 hours a day.

That's Reason #1 why I would never, ever live in a 55+ community!

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@151949 wrote:

Gosh, where I live you can't pass gas without the entire neighborhood knowing it and greatly exaggerating it.One nosey neighbor wouldn't bother me at all -- try having dozens of people who no longer work watching and listening to your every move 24 hours a day.

That's Reason #1 why I would never, ever live in a 55+ community!

Actually , I do not live in a 55 plus community.There are young people with children (a few) who live in our plan, but mostly retirees live here.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Something I have noticed about where we live now is - when we lived in Pa. all our neighbors except one woman had jobs, and that woman volunteered at her kid's school 3 days a week. So from about 6AM to 6PM our neighborhood was essentially empty almost every day.Probably only 3 or 4 residents at home for various reasons every day. We were all friendly but did not find that we were very close friends with the neighbors, because we all had lives outside the neighborhood where we lived, and did not spend a lot of time at home. Then we moved here where most of the residents actually live somewhere else(this is a vacation home) - most are retired - most don't volunteer or participate in this community at all. They seem to be very dependant on the neighbors for social interaction, and they seem to constantly be seeking out social activities. There doesn't seem to be much in the way of friends or family outside of this plan, and they don't seem to want to go do things on their own. This seems to create a situation where everyone is always in everyone else's business.

We actually moved to this town because we had family here, and still do. We have had some friends who visited us and loved it here so much they bought homes and moved here.We have family and friends who visit us here regularly - every winter for a couple weeks. We greatly enjoy having them here.We go to church here and volunteer - we participate in the community and have made friends outside of this plan, as well as a few friends within our plan. My point is - we are not dependant on our neighbors for all of our social interaction.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate

Honored Contributor

We had a nosey neighbor years ago, when we rented a townhome for a while. He was divorced and very lonely, and he was watching every little thing, he would make comments the next day, oh you guys go to bed so early, I saw your lights go off at 9pm, or wow you leave for work early, I heard your garage door at 630am. Then in the summer when we were outside grilling-he was like oh what are you having for dinner tonight?Oh chicken, what are you having with it? He is a computer tech geek, so one time I was having problems with my computer and asked if he would come take a look-Huge Mistake!!!!He was walking so slow trough our house looking at every little thing, finally we get upstairs where my office was and he was lingering looking in at our bedroom and bathroom and after he helped me out which I grealt appreciated, I told my hduband he sure is nosey, harmless but nosey......We invited him to have dinner with us that evening as a Thankyou though, because i did appreciate him helping with my computer......He ended up being a nice guy, but still always quite nosey..... I think he was so lonely that he was just looking for a little companionship. He finally found and married a woman off of one of those dating sites......  

Contributor

[ Edited ]
Spoiler

Try to look at it as a safety issue...with all those eyes around, burglaries and robberies should be way down!  😁 

Honored Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:

when I lived in the city many years ago I did have a nosey neighbor...we had a pool, and whenever I went swimming he would be pretending to water the bushes along our shared wooden fence. I could see him peeking through a knot hole.So... I removed my  bikini top and walked over to the fence..I said,can I help you? He was so embarressed he never spoke to me again

@fourpaws56

You hussy !!!    Woman LOL