Valued Contributor

Re: HOW TO HELP A NEW MOM?

[ Edited ]

While in gestation with my daughter I was on bed rest. She was a premie born on 1/1/00. Meanwhile, I had 3 rambunctious boys. What I really liked was neighbors who asked, was sack lunches/meals. They delivered not just sandwiches, but full meals in a sack. Everything was easy to heat up and delivered with a treat! They sorted them in containers easily to put in the microwave. I was pleasantly surprised to have such an assortment. Everything from burritos to pancakes! Homemade with love never tasted so good. My husband didn't have the luxury to just abandon his job. So these little luxuries given were priceless. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qvc chick @There's a website calledsendameal  dot com that looks good. Take a look. There's lots of meals to choose from and no prep work. I've never tried them so I don't know if they are good.

Williams Sonoma has a bunch of delivered meals. They have family meals delivered for three days, five days, etc. They have individual meals delivered. They are primarily ready to reheat entrees that look delicious. They are priced as gifts for occasions such as the birth of a baby with parents at home needing some good food. 

Honored Contributor

Even though I responded to this with a different answer, there is only one really good solution to this kind of situation.  

Ask all involved what you could do to help.  ASK them.  Then do what they want.  Problem solved.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think the food idea is excellent. 

Also if possible help around the house to clean..

Esteemed Contributor

@tobes wrote:

@qvc chick Hmmmm.  What causes a uterine infection

@tobes 

There is this thing called Google that can answer your question if you really wish to have an answer. 

Trusted Contributor

Oh yes, the gift of food!  When I was a new mom back in the age of the dinosaurs there wasn't the wide selection of prepared foods we have today at grocery stores. And of course no delivery services of any kind. I either cooked or we didn't eat. Would have loved opening my door to find a friend or neighbor with a prepared dinner. There were days, with three toddlers, that I would have sold my soul for a bag of McDonalds Happy Meals. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Anonymous032819 @Just Bling  Where is her husband you ask and why can't he cook?

READ the post: The husband is where he belongs, IN THE HOSPITAL WITH HIS WIFE.

Good grief.. The man is with his ill wife and you two are being critical of him. Nice. Real nice.

Why are you shouting.  The husband doesn't belong in the hospital, the nurses and doctors are taking care of her. 

The husband belongs at home with the Baby.!  It's HIS Child, no need to pawn the newborn off on a "Friend"

Good Grief Yourself, Family Needs to Step In if there's family involved.

Stop yelling at people and imposing that your opinions are only the opinions that count.  I am avoiding you and yet you seek attention.

@Just Bling 

I was also thinking about after mother and baby are released from the hospital and are home. 

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.