Super Contributor

My daughter in law is in the hospital, she gave birth to a baby girl by C Section, went home, and then developed a utertus infection.  It is so sad, she hasnt had a chance to bond with her newborn.  She is still i the hospital, and her best friend is watching her newborn, while her husband is at the hospital.

Looking for some way to help.  I was thinking about ordering some meals from Home Chef, or Blue Apron.  But I dont think she will be in the mood /or not able to cook for a bit once he gets out.

I could send flowers, but was looking for a better way to help.

Any ideas???   Thanks

Honored Contributor

Love the idea of sending food. She is not going to have time to cook or feel up to it for awhile.

Respected Contributor

@qvc chick   I agree...  I think your idea to send meals is excellent.  It takes the burden off of both of them and ensures that they have something decent to eat.  I'm sure they will very much appreciate anything that you do.  Congratulations to you on the new little baby. 

Honored Contributor

Husband should be doing ALL the cooking & cleaning under the circumstances.  That being said.........

Sending "prepared" food is a great idea.  Just pop in the oven or microwave.

Hire a cleaning crew for a month or two.

Hire a "chef" for a month.  They can prepare meals for a week in 1 day so you can freeze some of it.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

In addition.....

The DIL best friend is a God send.  I would do something "special" for her also.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I agree, ready to eat meals are the most practical and helpful thing you could do.  She probably couldn't care less about flowers at this point.  Remind her that this too will pass. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@qvc chick If you order meals please be SURE to check something. I know someone who ordered some food from a company (don't recall the name) and the meals required A LOT and I mean a LOT of prep. All the stuff was included but it was far from "convenient."

Just be sure the meals are ready to heat and eat without a ton of prep!

Wishing the new mom and dad well with their new baby and how DIL recovers well.

Respected Contributor

@qvc chick 

Where's her mom? 

Are you not available to "move in" for a month or so?

That's a huge burdon on a friend.  I really would check with your son first and not be a surprise, sometimes nice intentions cause a lot of problems.

I know you mean well but it can be viewed that she can't take care of her husband and you know, you're the mother in law.

Flowers are nice but anything else as far as food and/or services should be asked first.

Just my thoughts.

Esteemed Contributor

Here's a novel idea, HE can cook! You know, the husband/father? 

Why make the new mother cook?

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 @Just Bling  Where is her husband you ask and why can't he cook?

READ the post: The husband is where he belongs, IN THE HOSPITAL WITH HIS WIFE.

Good grief.. The man is with his ill wife and you two are being critical of him. Nice. Real nice.