Valued Contributor

Re: HOW TO GET EYEGLASS LENS IF PURCHASE FRAME ON LINE?

Thanks everyone!  Great ideas from all !!!

Respected Contributor

My suggestion is to go online at Warby Parker and see if they have the frames or one similar.   Their glasses and frames for regular lenses cost $95.00 and progressive lenses are $275.00 including the frame.

I got my last two pair of glasses and a pair of sunglasses from them.   They have stores in some major cities and you can get them online.   

Trusted Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

My suggestion is to go online at Warby Parker and see if they have the frames or one similar.   Their glasses and frames for regular lenses cost $95.00 and progressive lenses are $275.00 including the frame.

I got my last two pair of glasses and a pair of sunglasses from them.   They have stores in some major cities and you can get them online. 

Hi @Bridgegal, I realize this is an older post from last year. I just discovered Warby-Parker, ordered their 5 frame try me kit. How is the quality of their eyeglasses?  

Honored Contributor

@KACEE1115 wrote:

i found the cutest frames at eyeglass shop but $328 - found them on line for $150, just worried i won't be able to get someone to put lens in, without buying their frames.

Just take your frames to an optical shop.  Most shops will fill a prescription in a frame you take in with you.  I've done it a couple of times.

Respected Contributor

@sgraham30 

Excellent.   I have progressive lenses and with one exception they were perfect.    

I had my last pair for about 16 months and was in Philly one day and stopped in their store just to look around.   One thing led to another and I mentioned that the reading part seemed a little off.  They guy just looked at them and said "you're correct, these aren't right".   They replaced them for no charge.   Now that is customer service.   

Respected Contributor

@DJs mom wrote:

@KACEE1115 I purchase all of my glasses online. I got cute readers (Isaac, Lori Goldstein, Cynthia Bailey) that I purchased from QVC, I then take them to Walmart's vision center along with my prescription from my eye doctor and Walmart puts the lens in. I do not need glasses to see, just for distance so I get single vision. I think the cost is around $39.

It's a risk. I've tried this and they said it couldn't be done. It depends on the place and the frames.

Honored Contributor

I have used 39 dollar glasses (.) com exclusively over the last 10 years. Their frames are up to date, they give you all the instructions to measure your face. All you need to do is send them your script and in about 10 days you have a brand new pair of glasses.

They always have sales, I think I paid $15.00 for my current pair of "home" glasses as opposed to what I carry in my bag.

These are real glasses made to fit you and your script.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Years ago I took some Kate Spade frames to Lenscrafters and got my prescription sunglass lens put in. No problem.

My sister took a pair of Kate Spade readers to her optometrists for distance Rx. The frame broke. She returned the broken one and the original lenses and KS sent replacement.