Trusted Contributor

Re: HOW DID YOUR THANKSGIVING DAY GO THIS YEAR?

I was with my son and his family. I cooked it was such a relaxing day. No drama just laughing and appreciating each other and thankful for all of us together.

Honored Contributor

@Newgate@Vickiv@chickenbutt@GCR18@muttmom

Have you seen (like on Pinterest, etc) all of the cutesy ideas about how to decorate your table; make thankfulness jars; homemade jar candles; cute name cards... now, really, who has time for that??? LOL

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GCR18

Boy, can I relate.  I think the root is my youngest niece.  We'll see on Christmas.  If she's there with the same core group from Thanksgiving and I feel tension so think you could cut it with a knife, then I will  know for sure, rofl.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Contributor

We had 8 family and friends at our house. We had a lovely meal and time together. Everyone helped out by cooking so wasn't too overwhelming. Went to a local event last night that involved hundreds of thousands Of Christmas lights at the local zoo and it was fun and cold. My daughter  has had the whole week off from college so it has been extra wonderful!

Honored Contributor

Had 30 family members over. Everything went well, unless you count the Packers losing to the Bears. That was a painful game to watch.
Esteemed Contributor

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. My oldest daughter came up with my granddaughter as well as my daughter's boyfriend. I was very happy to see how much my granddaughter likes him. He is very kind to my daughter and granddaughter and we had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner at our favorite country inn. The only bad thing that happened is my beagle got into the leftovers and "returned them" at 4am the next morning. I had my hands full...what a mess!

Honored Contributor

I cooked on Thanksgiving at my sister's house for 14.  Our son and his family joined us there for the weekend.  My sister HATES to cook. 

On Saturday I cooked for 30 people, with lots of help, at my sister's house.

Everything was fantastic. 

But one grandchild had a cold and one grandchild had a stomach virus.

If you didn't get the cold (which for some turned into flu like symptoms--raising hand here), you had the issues at the other end.

Not good.  Lots of people got sick.  I'm feeling better, so is DH.  But everyone got sick.  Everyone from Thanksgiving.  I don't know about Saturday's gathering.  We drove about 400 miles on Sunday and luckily we weren't sick yet.

Respected Contributor

Our Thanksgiving was as bad as it could possibly be other than having someone die!  We were to host dinner and had most of the food prepared the day before. 

Early Thanksgiving morning, during the night, my husband woke up sick.  In the morning, I was sick too.  So, we called everyone and told them we couldn't host dinner, but they could come and get what was already prepared. 

DH and I finally had our Thanksgiving dinner sometime on Sunday