Esteemed Contributor

Re: HOUSE BROKEN INTO LAST NIGHT

@Shanus  I am so sorry and I know that you must have so many feelings at this point.  Luckily, Molly was not hurt and nothing was taken or damaged.  It is good that you are taking extra precautions, and I do hope that they catch these kids.  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You can tell I’m still shaken if drinking decaf...NEVER!! May have a cosmo for lunch!!

Honored Contributor

My neighbor, 2 houses down, has a male dummy (not her husband 😜) that she places in different seats in her family room whenever she leaves the house. That room faces the front of her house.

Honored Contributor

Glad molly  was not hurt,or ran away, and nothing was taken, it is very upsetting to know that some one entered your home like this.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

Dear @Shanus, I am sorry this happened to you, but I am so thankful you, your DH, and Molly are ok.

We live in a suburban area, houses on one acre lots.  We do have an alarm system and dead-bolt locks on entry doors.  When we leave the house, the entry door to the house is locked.  That’s all we can do.  No matter how hard a person tries, there is always a chance something can happen.  You tried the best you could.

Around our area, I wear diamond rings on both hands.  Going into a city, no way.  The most attractive item that could be followed home, with an eye for theft, is my DH’s vintage car that he uses sometimes in the warm weather.  

At the end of the day, there’s one belief I know we all share.

Things are just things.  Our family is what matters.  May God bless and keep us all.

All my best,

Pam

Valued Contributor

@Shanus  Hope you get some rest tonight... So sorry,  I know this unsettled feeling well. My house was watched the same way, by local teens who got in while we were out.  They gave my poodle, who was home alone,  a rawhide bone. That chilled me, all i cared about was he was ok!  Such an invasive feeling.  Just glad you, hubby&Molly are all ok!  Perfect upgrades to your security system. We upgraded to all you have and no problems since. 

Trusted Contributor

I would consider installing a security steel door on that garage kitchen door.  Even having the security alarm.

That is too scary for me.  Glad it worked out good for you.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus  So sorry you had that awful experience but happy that everyone and everything is safe.  I know from experience what an awful feeling it is to know someone has invaded your home.  Take care!

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

Dear @Shanus, I am sorry this happened to you, but I am so thankful you, your DH, and Molly are ok.

We live in a suburban area, houses on one acre lots.  We do have an alarm system and dead-bolt locks on entry doors.  When we leave the house, the entry door to the house is locked.  That’s all we can do.  No matter how hard a person tries, there is always a chance something can happen.  You tried the best you could.

Around our area, I wear diamond rings on both hands.  Going into a city, no way.  The most attractive item that could be followed home, with an eye for theft, is my DH’s vintage car that he uses sometimes in the warm weather.  

At the end of the day, there’s one belief I know we all share.

Things are just things.  Our family is what matters.  May God bless and keep us all.

All my best,

Pam

Thanks so much for your kind thoughts @PamfromCT . 🌼

Respected Contributor

@Shanus I am SO sorry this happened to you.  Horrible feeling to have your personal space violated in such a way.  I'm just glad you weren't home (especially alone) and they didn't hurt your sweet dog.

Years ago my sister and brother-in-law's house was broken into while they were gone.  Sis told me she was sure they had kicked her dog, because it shied away from people...even them....for quite awhile afterwards.  Lowlife creeps.

I have always kept my doors locked, even when I'm home....and I will continue to do so.  Saying a prayer for you, your DH, and your dog for safety from all harm.