Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

With the changes in climate, people living in places that were never uncomfortably hot in the past are going to have to rethink the need for AC.  Santa Fe is the same way.  At over 6,000ft in altitude, many homes weren't air conditioned but in recent years they've had many days in mid 90s, so new homes are built with central AC.

@Kachina624  Yes. The a/c companies there will be flooded with calls. DD said she’ll probably put install it over the winter so all set if we go back next year. DH wants to go to Victoria instead & maybe only 3 days to visit with her. We’ll see. At least her guest room will be cooler. 😜

@Shanus.  On our last Alaskan cruise, we stopped in Victoria late in the afternoon.  We were there 5 or 6 hours so my sister and I took a horse-drawn wagon ride around the city.  It was a nice place but I'm sorry we didn't get to see Buchart Gardens.

Have you ever been on a cruise?  I've been to Alaska twice and would go again in a heartbeat.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

With the changes in climate, people living in places that were never uncomfortably hot in the past are going to have to rethink the need for AC.  Santa Fe is the same way.  At over 6,000ft in altitude, many homes weren't air conditioned but in recent years they've had many days in mid 90s, so new homes are built with central AC.

@Kachina624  Yes. The a/c companies there will be flooded with calls. DD said she’ll probably put install it over the winter so all set if we go back next year. DH wants to go to Victoria instead & maybe only 3 days to visit with her. We’ll see. At least her guest room will be cooler. 😜

@Shanus.  On our last Alaskan cruise, we stopped in Victoria late in the afternoon.  We were there 5 or 6 hours so my sister and I took a horse-drawn wagon ride around the city.  It was a nice place but I'm sorry we didn't get to see Buchart Gardens.

Have you ever been on a cruise?  I've been to Alaska twice and would go again in a heartbeat.

@Kachina624  Yes, we’ve been on Caribbean cruises, stopped and stayed on several islands, but never to Alaska. It’s been on my bucket list since my lying in the sun days are over. I would hide under a hat and umbrella or spend too much money at the spa to avoid the sun. Just not worth it anymore. Thanks for the Alaska recommendation.