Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Besides trying to get to the sales, Mom’s retirement place is having a picnic buffet...INSIDE (👏🏻). Menu has fried chicken, hot dogs, hamburger sliders, corn on cobb, salads, etc. and a “make your own sundae” dessert table.

DH and I are going along w/ ds, dil and the granddaughters. 

Sounds Iike lots of fun, especially because the “inmates” dress up in red/white & blue with straw hats decorated with  colored ribbons.

Have you made any special plans?

Honored Contributor

Re: HAVE ANY JULY 4TH PLANS?

Make it to the 5th.

Honored Contributor

Ordered a couple best sellers from Amazon................staying in, and away from the windows.    The neighbors like to bring out their guns after they've had a few beers...............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Ordered a couple best sellers from Amazon................staying in, and away from the windows.    The neighbors like to bring out their guns after they've had a few beers...............

@Desertdi  Oh cwap! Don’t blame you for staying in. Kidding, right?

Respected Contributor

Too hot to cook outside. Stay in the a/c, blinds closed and eat salad and sandwiches. No relief for the next 7 days.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@Desertdi  Oh cwap! Don’t blame you for staying in. Kidding, right?

@Shanus    Unfortunately.....not kidding........and this is not the kind of neighborhood where you would "expect it".    The police, so far, have not been able to get a handle on it.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

Too hot to cook outside. Stay in the a/c, blinds closed and eat salad and sandwiches. No relief for the next 7 days.

@panda1234  It’s been and will be mid 90’s next week here in NC. When Mom mentioned picnic, I was ready to say “no way” until she said it was inside.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No big plans for us. We’re going to our favorite barbecue place for lunch, but we go there once a week so it’s no big deal. 

If history holds, the people catty corner behind us will do fireworks till who knows when. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@panda1234 wrote:

@panda1234  It’s been and will be mid 90’s next week here in NC. When Mom mentioned picnic, I was ready to say “no way” until she said it was inside.

@Shanus that is the only way I would go too. It is going to be in the mid 90's here also.....no going out of the house if possible.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus Have a wonderful time. Our afternoon plans have moved inside because of the hot weather  but we'll be going to the parade in the morning & the fireworks later at a nearby state park. Enjoy the 4th!