Valued Contributor

Re: HAPPY 70TH BIRTHDAY TO ME 🎂

Happy Birthday @Shanus , and welcome to my neck of the woods.  You are not supposed to tell anyone that the weather is so beautiful.  We want people to think it rains all of the time, so more people won't want to move up here.  :-)  

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  Hope you have a wonderful visit! It will be getting hot starting Monday thru next week..in the 90’s.......so enjoy the cool temps while we have them!

Honored Contributor

@KitTkat wrote:

Happy birthday and welcome to my neck of the woods. I'm a few hours south of Seattle. I hope you enjoy your stay. I'm glad the weather is nice for you right now. Hot for us is mid eighties and really hot is the nineties, which unfortunately is forecasted for Sunday and Monday.

What are your sights to see? With the clear weather you should have great views of Mt Rainier. Hope a beach trip is in store, it's absolutely perfect this time of year.

Have a fun birthday!

@KitTkat  Went out on boat dock last night after dinner to see the mountain. No beach trip that I know of...just leaving schedule to my “tour guides”. Tomorrow Space Needle and museum on 1st floor. So far....weather great, but hot (?) tomorrow. DD keeps saying that’s not hot because no humidity.....we’ll see. Lol

Honored Contributor

@Calcgirl wrote:

Happy Birthday Shanus! I turned 70 on July 1st. 

@Calcgirl  🎂 belated to you!!!

Honored Contributor

@KKWA wrote:

Happy Birthday @Shanus , and welcome to my neck of the woods.  You are not supposed to tell anyone that the weather is so beautiful.  We want people to think it rains all of the time, so more people won't want to move up here.  :-)  

@KKWA  Put off my trip until July so no dreary rain....Sorry. It IS gorgeous.

Honored Contributor

@qvcfreak wrote:

Aw, Happy 70th Birthday. Sounds like you are having the time of your life @Shanus. Enjoy your stay, family, good food  and a doggy to boot. Fabulous!

@qvcfreak  ....& a beagle, no less, like my 2!! He’s a cutie. Went w/ us to an open air market this morning & behaved himself.

Honored Contributor

Thanks all for the wishes for my 70th birthday. Doesn’t feel differently yet, but haven’t had to fill it out on a form or say 70 when asked yet. Will let you if that hurts.

Anyone on Beauty Forum who didn’t like their neck (last week’s thread)? HA...45 yr. old dd already complainly about hers, too.

So proud of myself. No Xanax on 6 hr. flight. After my “pre-ordered” turkey sandwich, I fell asleep for 2 hrs. The woman in the aisle seat next to us kept ordering glasses of wine & kept me quite entertained. Then they cut her off. Oh well.

This is down time...other 3 discussing what time to do dinner. Purchased halibut/veggies at outdoor market to put on the grill. Since I went running w/ dd this morning, gorging myself w/ chips & guac (she makes the BEST). 

No one’s letting me watch QVC. SIL in charge of remote...retired army capt. & major body builder. Don’t think I’ll take him on. Just assuming I’m not missing a darn thing. Lol.  If I get withdrawals, can watch live on IPad...NOT!!

Thank you again for the birthday wishes, Friends. ❤️

Respected Contributor

Happy birthday @Shanus! I hope you have a wonderful visit!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Well Happy Birthday, Shanus!  I'm right behind you next year.  However did we get this old????  Have a great visit with your family, human and canine both!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus

Happy Birthday!!  You sound active and healthy and loved.  You can't ask for much more than that --  unless it's best wishes for many, many, more!!

Have a wonderful time!!! 

P.S.  Seventy doesn't roll off the tongue as easily as 30, but, it doesn't hurt, and,  you are still moving, so you are good!!