Honored Contributor

Re: HANUKKAH DECOR OUTSIDE

[ Edited ]

@Shanus@Read what's going on in our area. See Zaimee's post. Teens defaced a very large park in a high income development with plenty of security. They even drew swastikas all over the childrens' park and drew swastikas all the way down the kiddie slide.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't feel safe and I'm not Jewish. There are quite a few attacks on Christians these days, too. Don't dare put out Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus. The entire house might be defaced.

Also, people just stealing decorations from houses. My mother had two 4 foot wreaths stolen from the outside of her house last year. A ladder was needed to steal them.

I would say you'd be very safe in my neighborhood, but people come through from outside who don't have good intentions. You need to determine if you live in a safe area.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Racism and anti-semitism can be found in any city. My city is ranked #2 Safest City in Florida by the National Council for Home Safety and Security in 2022!! The incident I referenced occurred in October on 3 dates in a gated community with roving security.

The three 16 year olds were arrested yesterday with several charges against them.

Sadly, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram are the educators nowadays. Some obtain

information and form their beliefs by following artists, podcasters, influencers,and politicians.

Today, a guest on the SandyHook denier podcast ( who has been found guilty and fined billions) had the ex-billionaire ex husband of Kim K on again spouting his antisemitic rhetoric and championing hitler. With almost 31,000,000 followers his voice is humongous and far reaching.

Also, this week in Florida a parent who offered to tell the Hanukkah story in a class( it is NOT religious) was denied. After much publicity, this was rescinded.

As is the custom, I already have a symbol important to my religion by the doorframe. This is not about standing up for a religion but recognizing the high level of antisemitism and the concerns it brings to those involved.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltreewrote:

I don't know what "in these times" means. If for some reason you don't want to decorate this year....don't.

Put the news on. The uptick in anti-semitism in this country is terrifying.

To the OP, be safe.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think it's incredibly sad that you have to be concerned about celebrating your religion. Very sad.

I can only suggest that if your neighborhood is generally cordial, then proudly display your Hanukkah wreath. It just might encourage other Jewish families to do the same in solidarity.

I hope you have a wonderful holiday.

~LdyBugz

Honored Contributor

1 day ago the Department of Homeland security warned of domestic terror threats to LGBTQ, Jewish and migrant communities and "an enduring threat to the Jewish community." Incredibly sad and scary.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

Sure, absolutely.....if you love it, put it up.

QVC Customer Care
Trusted Contributor

Don't shoot the messenger. Hanukkah is not Christmas. I like to admire Christmas decorations but it's not my holiday. We don't have Hanukkah trees or wreaths. I do put an electric Chanukiah showing through the window and I have a lot of fun stuff inside my house.