Honored Contributor

Valued Contributor

If I couldn’t identify where something belonged; I use to throw it away . UNTIL , my hubby went looking for one of the unknown items ! He knew where it belonged. OOPS ! From  then on , in the draw they go ! 

Honored Contributor

I have an embarrassingly large basket on the kitchen counter that collects odd things with no ID and I have no idea where they go...screws, odd chair bottom pads (checked and all are in tact), a lot of papers and unnecessary mail/ads that DH leaves always drops on the kitchen island when he comes home. 

I try to go through it once a week , but the basket fills up again quickly.

Respected Contributor

I do this all the time! I can't tell you how many times I've thrown out something only to find out months later what it belonged to! I try not to save every little thing but, with my history, I need to save it for a little while at least 

Honored Contributor

My junk drawer is sacred!

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

After mail comes, my table can get dumped on.  Drives me right up the wall, so I have to clear it right out before it becomes a mountain.  Couldn't take that!!!  

An old book called "The One Minute Manager", says touch that piece of paper once and be done."  So nothing else stuck with me the way that did. 

My husband has a shop, where he keeps all the nuts and bolts, etc.  

Honored Contributor

Which junk drawer?  I must have one in the kitchen, greatroom, and up stairs......

Valued Contributor

@Foxxee , you made me laugh...tuck it in there until you die...so funny!   I cleaned out a kitchen drawer just the other day.  Among the mess was various take out menus, expired coupons, a screwdriver, a few old grocery receipts, business cards and a small  sticky disk that I think goes on a cabinet somewhere.  I saved it just in case!

Esteemed Contributor

@Foxxee  So true! Especially after the kids and grandkids have been here for several days. Now, I take a picture of the unidentifiable object and send it out on a group text. If nobody claims it, it goes into the trash.