Honored Contributor

Re: Guess Who Got A "Castle"!!!

[ Edited ]

@Lucky Charm 

Stumpy has come back 3 times and traveled quite a distance if you read "Meet Stumpy".

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know why people are giving you grief about having mice for pets @ECBG.. You're housing them, feeding them, caring for them.  It's a wonderful thing to do.  

Honored Contributor

Perhaps you should get them sterilized / fixed so they don't multiply.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

I don't know why people are giving you grief about having mice for pets @ECBG.. You're housing them, feeding them, caring for them.  It's a wonderful thing to do.  

@Citrine1 

They got a little bite of granola bar with white chocolate last night.  BIG hit!!!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

From what I understand, these little mice were rescued when not doing well. It seems Stumpy is pretty smart, loving the pampering compared to the wild, wild world. 

I had to verify my thoughts about their captivity. In captivity, mice can live up to 2 years, or as long as 6. In the wild, 12-18 months of often harsh times. 

So these little guys won the mouse lotto. Now they're living large, with a castle, food and shelter. It's very sweet of @ECBG 's family to protect them. 

Honored Contributor

@BlueFinch 

Thank you.  If you read Stumpy's story, the little fella has had a wicked time and spent days in the corner shivering apparently being attacked by the others.

His fur is grown back now and the others are on the other side of the pond.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG I didn't see Stumpy's story.  

Just read what you posted above about it being attacked.

Heck if you don't mind cleaning up after a mouse, go for it! 

They are cute.  What does the dog think of them?

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@ECBG I didn't see Stumpy's story.  

Just read what you posted above about it being attacked.

Heck if you don't mind cleaning up after a mouse, go for it! 

They are cute.  What does the dog think of them?

@Lucky Charm 

Shadow loves to sit there and watch them!  If he barks, it scares them, but the pup gets excited!

Respected Contributor

@ECBG  This is just so adorable.  I love that you both are so kind to these mice, so welcoming and involved in giving them a great life with you.  Hearwarming!  Special people.  I look forward to more pictures and stories ......

Honored Contributor

@BlueFinch wrote:

How adorable. Smart of your husband to think of it. That cardboard with all the places for them to crawl about is perfect.

For them, it IS a castle. Funny how things we often throw away can become our pets favorite play things.

@BlueFinch 

Thank you!

We also wash out an empty 1 gallon milk bottle, break up some bones and give it to Shadow!  It's like Christmas to him!  He prances and carries the bottle around and shakes the the bones out!Smiley Happy