Respected Contributor

Great Tip From Carpet Cleaner

We had the contractor carpet cleaned before we replaced it last year.  Her company told us we could keep any carpet clean if we just wiped our soles with a disinfecting wipe.  She was so right!  I couldn't believe how dirty our shoes were after just 1 trip out.  Try it for great results.

Honored Contributor

Re: Great Tip From Carpet Cleaner

I believe that. We kick off our shoes in the garage entryway.

Honored Contributor

Maybe just keep a pair of inside slippers at the door?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I only have wall-to wall carpet upstairs and on the stairs in my home, New last year and want to protect my investment.

I only wear "house shoes" - slippers or flip flops- indoors. Shoes I do not wear outside. I also want to keep my home more germ-free and protect my hardwood floors and rugs.

Respected Contributor

Makes sense, we walk in from garage & the carpet has a dirt trail I do have a carpet cleaner but does good after awhile it comes back yes have house shoes no barefoot read barefoot the oil of your feet is worse than bringing in outside dirt harder to clean. 

Honored Contributor

Seriously? This is breaking news? Who on earth wears their shoes INSIDE their home? I NEVER do! Never. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@Jackhound Mom, thanks for posting a good tip or reminder. It is so true, l

always remove my shoes before entering. Flooring is a big investment nowadays. 

Trusted Contributor

oh heck no! i dont wear shoes in my apt.. i rented a rug cleaner 2 yrs ago.. and im long overdue to do it again.. i'd like to do mine once a yr.. i want to rent one within the next few months,. i live in an apt. and this rug is very old... i couldnt believe how dirty it was when i cleaned it..... when i moved in the landlord should of had it done, but he didnt... i do have 3 area rugs that i put down.. but i still clean the original carpet.. no one with shoes i will allow in here  lol i rented it for 3 days. just so i could do it two times and allow for it to dry completely before i did it again.. i was suprised that it wasnt expensive.. and you dont have to use their carpet shampoo... i think i got oxyclean to do mine.. they turned out looking nice... 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wear shoes in my home. Due to plantar fasciitis, I was instructed by my podiatrist to never walk barefoot. 
Plus here in Arizona, you never know when you might step on a scorpion. 

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Seriously? This is breaking news? Who on earth wears their shoes INSIDE their home? I NEVER do! Never. 

Seriously? No one said this is breaking news. Are you ever nice? And who cares if you wear shoes. Like it is some big deal.