Honored Contributor

In what I'm looking at on t.v., I see the section on "Gratitude".  I need to think harder on that.  I mean daily.  Not take for granted all that we have and experience.

So for today, I am grateful for retirement.  I love to plan my own day.   I love to choose what I want to do today. I love that I'm not watching the clock to get to so many things in a day.  It's allowed for a slower pace for me/us, less stress, and just a time to enjoy life.

We can go outside and enjoy the weather without being stuck behind a desk, or attached to phone calls, or personal visits.  My hours are mine.

What are you grateful for today?

Trusted Contributor
A normal mammogram😊
Valued Contributor

I’ll be leaving soon for my 4-mile walk in a local cemetery. I’m grateful that I can still do this and that I feel so good while I’m walking. I usually see a deer or two running around, and the weather is perfect this morning. I’m thankful for my faith every day. 

@bobby5, normal mammograms are something to be happy about!

Thanks, @qualitygal, for starting this thread, and you are so right about retirement. 

Esteemed Contributor

Waking up with no severe pain. Knowing my loved ones are up and starting thier day. 

Honored Contributor

Waking up.  I thank God everyday.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I grateful that I wake up everyday and go to a job that I enjoy.

Honored Contributor

Reasonably good health, friends and yes retirement .

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Super Contributor

I am grateful for another day, feeling relatively well, and getting to work safely!Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

I LOVE    Thinking Gratitude.  A wonderful way to think  rather than thinking about what is wrong or could be better. Such a positive way to start a day!

Trusted Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

In what I'm looking at on t.v., I see the section on "Gratitude".  I need to think harder on that.  I mean daily.  Not take for granted all that we have and experience.

So for today, I am grateful for retirement.  I love to plan my own day.   I love to choose what I want to do today. I love that I'm not watching the clock to get to so many things in a day.  It's allowed for a slower pace for me/us, less stress, and just a time to enjoy life.

We can go outside and enjoy the weather without being stuck behind a desk, or attached to phone calls, or personal visits.  My hours are mine.

What are you grateful for today?

I am grateful for retirement as well...although I do still miss working with children as an elementary teacher for many years.  Fortunately my 3 little granddaughters are 1, 3, and 6 and I have the time to spend with them.  Even though they tire me out sometimes...😊it is a different kind of tired than I had with working.  I am enjoying everyday and thankful to be experiencing the grandma role....I also love being home in the fall, which is my favorite season....  Just enjoying life one day at a time.