Honored Contributor

No photo description available.

Honored Contributor

May be an image of text that says 'Do vinegar instead of bleach!! PSA: PLEASE!!!! DO NOT bleach your pumpkins to make them last longer!! We've seen this tip being shared all over social media this season! Please remember pumpkins are food, especially to lots of the wildlife! Deer, squirrels, raccoons, possums, mice, rats, chipmunks, birds, and even bugs. We deliberately stick them outside somewhere where wildlife can access them and we DO NOT want our wildlife eating bleached pumpkins!!! Instead, try using vinegar. 1 part vinegar to 10 parts water will work just as well. Thanks!'

Honored Contributor

No photo description available.

Honored Contributor

May be an image of text that says 'Octöber Wishes by The skylark's dream'

Honored Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

@Sassy7356 wrote:

May be an image of train, railroad and nature

@Sassy7356  & all:   This makes me want to travel with my favorite travel agent! But she's retired after several strokes. 
I made many trips with her and all had a steam train ride! 
  A bit dirty, yes, but wonderful trips!

The best was when my husband and I took the Holland America West tours trip to Alaska. The train ride wasn't a steam engine but an elegant train that served a lunch rivaling the Tavern on the Green!  Observation windows for wildlife sightings. We saw Dead horse gulch and spent the night in Denali. DH said it was the coolest August he's ever had. He loved it! 
       🚂 🚅🍁🍂🦌🦫🦅🐻

Honored Contributor

Re: Grate-Fall for Autumn

[ Edited ]

Happy 1st Monday of October, my Friends.   We're having a bit of summer weather for a few days.    Thursday we're supposed to get some much needed rain and then our nights will be getting into the 40ies for a few days and then back to nights in the 50ies.  

My granddaughter and her husband took the great grands apple picking yesterday.   The boys had a great time picking and eating apples right off of the trees.  The orchard where they went has started charging $$$ to ride the tractor pulled wagon out to the apple trees, $7 a person age 3 and up.  It cost them $28 just to ride out to the trees.  Ridiculous.  I am glad I didn't go as it was near 90 and very sunny plus I can't walk that far or stand for too long.  My back rebels and my knees want to buckle on me.  I do love apples and buy some locally grown ones from a small market nearby.  

Riverlynn got to 'sample' fresh picked apples too.  She doesn't have any teeth showing yet but sure can 'gum' stuff.  She only got to get some of the juice from the apples, and loved it.  Her dad held her while he picked apples, not that she'll remember but she loved being out with the boys and there are lots of pictures.  Jillian is a camera/picture fiend.   Lots of photos in my phone album.   

May be an image of 1 person and babyMay be an image of 2 people and apple

Honored Contributor

May be a doodle of cat and text that says 'Some people have money. Some people have beauty. I... I have cats. TNR Works'

Honored Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

@Sweet Caroline 1 wrote:

The Golden Bachelor' Is Still Just 'The Bachelor'

Hey @1Snickers @Sassy7356 and All,   I missed the first show of The Golden Batchelor.  Please tell me the night and time that it will be coming on.  I hope that I didn't miss the second show of Dancing with the Stars.  I need to write this down so that I don't miss anything.  Were there any women that you don't like for him?  Thanks and hugs!

@Sweet Caroline 1  Thursday 7:59  on ABC. I think it's ABC Check your local listings. I record it. There were many I didn't like for him but like all episodes they try to make them interesting with conflict. 
Some of the clothes and hair unstyles were bad for their ages I thought. Ha! I could tell which ones had facelifts or fillers. It made me tired watching them and some of them hadn't even seen the show. 
It's entertainment ! 
       📺 🫂 👄🫦🌹🥀