Super Contributor

Re: Grandparents, funny memory

My grandfather had a great sense of humor. When we were little he would always point out the rabbits in his yard. He told us that we could catch them and keep them as pets.  All we had to do was sprinkle salt on their tails.

We would grab all the salt shakers we could find. Then we would sit and wait outside for the rabbits.  When we saw one, we would chase it.  Of course we never caught one, but we would be tired.

Grandpa sat and watched with a twinkle in his eye.

Honored Contributor

@janeec   I loved that, it was so cute.  

Esteemed Contributor

My paternal grandfather was a doll.  My other grandparents nice but no nonsense people.

One Sunday Poppy and Grammy came to dinner.  It was the 60s and y sister and I were teenagers.

Poppy said he heard a lot about kids smoking  "mar ja juan ee".  He wanted to make sure we knew the danger.  He mangled the pronouncation badly, but I never forgot his lecture.

Respected Contributor

My granmother unfournately suffered from dementia.  Early on in her diease, my mother took her to a wedding of a realitive who had an identical twin sister who was the maid of honor.  As my mother and grandmother went through the receiving line, my granmother congratulated the bride and groom and moved down the receiving line to the twin sister.  My grandmother looked at her puzzled and said "I recognize your face but I just can't recall where I've seen you before."