Respected Contributor

Re: Grandparents? New Rules?

1. Babies do not need cribs. They sleep in the parental bed.
  2. No play pens needed.
  3. No baby powder.
  4. Nursing babies and toddlers any where. No modesty blanket needed. It is natural.
  5. Toddlers not permitted to eat any thing with more than one ingredient at a time.
  6. Toddlers allowed freedom in restaurants to go to tables where others are eating.
Regular Contributor

Re: Grandparents? New Rules?

It sure is different.  My grands both slept and one still sleeps with the parents. I watched the first one for a week one time and he would not fall asleep alone. After that we did not have him over night till he could sleep alone. 

The second grand I watched for 2 weeks while parents were working.  She could not take a nap unless you held her. I can't sit for 2 hours so had her broke within a few days of that. It didn't last. You still have to go back with her when she takes a nap. 

No bedtimes at all. My kids when young were both in bed starting at 7 and with age came increases in bed time. I can't stand trying to hold adult coversations and a toddler is bouncing off the walls at 10 at night. 

But that is just me. Keep my mouth shut and when they go home breathe a sigh of relief.