Valued Contributor
My gosh I can’t believe the prices of all the food it’s just out of sight, apparently they must sell a lot or they wouldn’t be able to do all of the shows!
Respected Contributor

Too much for my wallet, but I'm sure others can afford it better than I.

Honored Contributor

@KACEE1115 It's not the price that keeps me away -  I just don't need the quantity.  So many prepared foods almost anywhere come in amounts I might not personally use in even 6 months.

I do think the food sells.  I think that because they seem to offer so much so often and while I've never kept track, my sense is that there are way more hours of food than there used to be.   Just yesterday I read an article about the various shortages we're seeing as we shop -  one of the points it made is that retailers are often concentrating on what they sell best as a way to maintain profitability.  That means often we don't find brands or choices within some brands that aren't so popular.

The other thing I know is that on my very rare stops into local gourmet markets, there's virtually always a line even though prices are high and there are often 4 or more clerks working the area.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Gourmet Food $

[ Edited ]

I think a lot of people are sending food as gifts, and QVC has done a good job of pulling a variety of foods together.

I have done that with a lot of their products that need to be baked to give to family members who aren't able to get out and buy a lot of things themselves. They are very expensive but that is because shipping is included in the price.  

Just Bagels is a good example if you go to their website it is significantly cheaper, but then when you tack on the cost of next day UPS it literally doubles the price.  And that is the only way Just Bagels will ship.

Trusted Contributor

I agree that many food items can be used to send to relatives that don't or can't get out.  My MIL was not able to order online, drive for pickup, or use Instacart.  She was thrilled when I sent her food (mostly treats!).

We lived 750 miles apart.  Expensive?  Yes, but worth it to us.

Honored Contributor

There is a Schwan (sp?) truck in my neighborhood every day.  Has been for YEARS.

Their prices are very similar to QVC.  I checked their menu.  Never purchased so I can't speak to the quality, but my neighbors are obviously pleased.

I have purchased all kinds of food from QVC for years and have been 95% very pleased.  On those I was not, I was promptly given a refund.  The prices are comparable to good food markets.

The new boxed food services are no less than QVC on a lot of items and some of these you are prepping the entire meal yourself.

Even b4 Vid, people like the conveniece of quality food delivered.

Honored Contributor

I don't watch those shows much--but did see 12- 6oz  cookies from Hawaii for just under $70----They were made there with their ingredients and not sold here -----sorry--not enough "special" qualities to make me part with that kind of $$$. Wow!!!!

Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

There is a Schwan (sp?) truck in my neighborhood every day.  Has been for YEARS.

Their prices are very similar to QVC.  I checked their menu.  Never purchased so I can't speak to the quality, but my neighbors are obviously pleased.

I have purchased all kinds of food from QVC for years and have been 95% very pleased.  On those I was not, I was promptly given a refund.  The prices are comparable to good food markets.

The new boxed food services are no less than QVC on a lot of items and some of these you are prepping the entire meal yourself.

Even b4 Vid, people like the conveniece of quality food delivered.

Schwan's is good. We order often. Ita prices are similar to the Q.