Honored Contributor

Re: Gotta go check out my new calendars (I'm a calendar person)

I get calendars from charities I support.  I've already received one for 2023. I have paper calendars in three areas of my home.  Mainly to remind me of birthdays for extended family members.  I also use a pocket calendar that I keep on my kitchen which is where I keep track of appointments.  (I also use Alexa to remind me of upcoming appointments.)

Regular Contributor

Every year I purchase Cavallini  & Co. Wall calendars from Two Hands Paperie in Boulder, CO.  The art work is beautiful with a variety of subjects and suitable for framing. I don't write on them and I save them all.  Cavallini & Co. have a lot of beautiful items.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have 3 calendars, 1 on phone, 1 on iPad and 1 on laptop.  They are all synced together so if I add something on one it goes on the other two. all calender entries ave audible reminders for the day before and the day of.  Same with bills, email, texts, reminders and pictures.  I have developed an aversion to paper.

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette,

My mother would let us go through all her calendars from charities and some were so beautiful! It was like being a kid in a candy store.I used to have one or 2 of those, 2 pocket calendars, one for purse, now down to one.

I don't know why but ever since I was little I liked to cross off the day

on the calendar. I guess its because I felt like I did it! And now can look forward to what is to come. What will it be? Surprises.

Now its a little like hoping things go well with some bright spots in between.🌟

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I keep a 5 x 7 inch on the side of the fridge for appointments and my work schedules.

I also have the same size in my bathroom for items I stalk and other things.

I love the beautiful radiographic flower picture calendar on amazon.

Honored Contributor

I only do two mini wall calendars now.  One of them that's my favorite is animal babies.   The other one will also be something about animals. 

I think I had one last year that was about two animals who would usually not get along, but are friends nonetheless.  I like that one, too.

Honored Contributor

We get a new Paperblanks bound diary/journal every year.  We keep it on the bar and put appointments in, things we had done to the house, yard sprays, work done etc. so that we have a "home" and when did we do that record.  We keep them year to year until we move to another house.

I keep a Rifle Paper Company paper 17 month planner and they overlap year to year, making room on the not-used days for extra notes and keeping a year to year short daily record of life, what happened, what we ate, etc.  So it's time to be thinking about another new one.  

Otherwise the appointments are on our phones and shared.

Valued Contributor

@Katrinka23 wrote:

Every year I purchase Cavallini  & Co. Wall calendars from Two Hands Paperie in Boulder, CO.  The art work is beautiful with a variety of subjects and suitable for framing. I don't write on them and I save them all.  Cavallini & Co. have a lot of beautiful items.  

Oh my goodness, those are beautiful calendars.  I can't decide which one I like best, but I will be purchasing one for the wall.  Thank you!

Respected Contributor

I hang a wall calendar on my refrigerator. I seem to have more appointments now that I'm retired than when I was working.  Oh, it also help if you actually write the appointment on the calendar (which I've neglected to do also). Smiley Embarassed

I have a terrier calendar now but used to have shetland sheepdog ones when I had my shelties. My brother eagerly waits for his Pit Bull one each Christmas. 

I watch for sales and usually buy the next year's in the summer when there are discounts and free shipping.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like the At A Glance wall calendar - there's a lot of room to write on each day. 

I like the AAG monthly planner too.