Respected Contributor

Got me a bargain today

[ Edited ]

If you don't like Thomas Kincade, you can pass on by my post....

I love his art and scored a huge version of this lithograph in a pretty gold frame today at an estate sale.  This pic below is just a copy, since my version is currently in a huge bag awaiting cleaning (dusting), and a space for it.  The size of the entire piece is about 33x40 so it's quite large.  

Included the receipt when it was originally sold for $1045.  I got it today for $145.  

pic1s-900.jpg

There is one more at the sale tomorrow and my sister is going to see if it's still there - tomorrow will be 50% off and it would be just over $90 for the one titled "Bridge of Faith - The Garden of Promise III" in the same huge size!!

bridfa-le.jpg

......You look like I need a drink.....
Valued Contributor

Some of those Kincaide paintings just make you want to walk into them and live in those beautiful cottages!

Contributor

@CAcableGirl2  You sure got a good deal. Are you in Calif? We are in the "foothills" near Sacramento & Kikwood. You use to be able to get Thomas Kincade work in Placerville, not sure about that anymore. I do have one nice we got in Niles CA (near Fremont) about 8-10 years ago, can't remember the name - has a US flag in the front of the cottage. Enjoy!

Respected Contributor

@CAcableGirl2, that's beautiful and looks so peaceful.

I watched some of HSN's CIJ on Saturday and they had some Kincade items I thought were a decent price, especially the lanterns. Thought they would look nice if you had the right place for them.

Honored Contributor

When we put our addition in we bought a Kinkade already matted and framed. It looked so much like our driveway.  All you see is part of a very country driveway.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

Its called Autumn Lane and looks very much like the approach to our home. When I look at it I wonder what is "up the driveway".

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 ................What a good find and purchase you made.  Way to go.

I have always liked his work.  Some people that dont like him because of his views, whatever they are, but like someone like Martha Stewart, a convicted felon, go figure.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

What is one man’s junk is another man’s treasure. Art indeed is in the eye of the beholder not the artist. If an artist rendering of anything brings inspiration of any kind to anyone, it is art. It does not need to have some pseudo-intellectual deep meaning for all.

His life - and ultimately his death - was some what spiritual  and far-less glamorous.

Published reports about the years leading up to the troubled artist's death paint a much different picture than the heavenly landscapes that earned Kinkade millions - it includes drugs, alcohol, 'territorial urination' and sexual harassment.  Addiction  and mental illness was his downfall.

This makes what I see in his paintings disturbing ...and not beautiful.

Honored Contributor

How very wonderful!  You are so fortunate!

It's beautiful!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Looking at favorites on a wall is wonderful.

Could be wrong, but didn't QVC have shows for him long ago?