Respected Contributor

Got 'beautiful piano sheet music' ????

Greetings, fellow music lovers !

I am in search of some piano sheet music, Early Advanced; Intermediate  - and would really prefer  a romantic, relaxing genre.  Do you have any suggestions?  Where do you go online to purchase your piano sheet music?  Thank you so much

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Got 'beautiful piano sheet music' ????

@sarahpanda,

There is a ton of free piano sheet music that you can print out for yourself. Just type in your search bar:

free piano sheet music.

If you know your title, you can type that in and then add:

free sheet music.

Get out the Hanon to exercise those fingers, and happy playing!!

Honored Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

@sarahpanda,

There is a ton of free piano sheet music that you can print out for yourself. Just type in your search bar:

free piano sheet music.

If you know your title, you can type that in and then add:

free sheet music.

Get out the Hanon to exercise those fingers, and happy playing!!

@Harpa  @sarahpanda  I don't needthe Hanon book!  I try to play them at least four times a week.  That is my therapy.  I love doing it!

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner

Smiley Happy Good for you! You are probably all warmed up and ready to go!

For a little Hanon variety, you can play them in 10ths, rather than octaves, which makes them sound more musical.

And if you really want a good workout, play them in dotted rhythms, where you'll be accenting every other note, thus every other finger!

Respected Contributor

@sarahpanda wrote:

Greetings, fellow music lovers !

I am in search of some piano sheet music, Early Advanced; Intermediate  - and would really prefer  a romantic, relaxing genre.  Do you have any suggestions?  Where do you go online to purchase your piano sheet music?  Thank you so much

@sarahpanda

I use musicnotes dot com

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here are some links from YouTube of some of my favorite pieces to play at the moment. The composer and performer's name is Yiruma. 

Kiss the Rain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f-_978yo0E

eta: the beginning is Yiruma's introduction. The sheet music would start with what begins at 0:43 in the video.

Love Me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THOQloy-ZfA

I:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTSDEcIM5do

Passing By:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvcrjY3vUr8

I don't know exactly what you're looking for though you did say romantic and relaxing, and these definitely fit that description. His sheet music is available to download online and he has quite a few more. I've pretty much downloaded them all, put them in easy to turn protective sheets, and keep them in a 3-ring binder. That notebook gets a lot of use! 

I also downloaded a copy of Adele's version of (To) Make You Feel my Love recently that's easy to play but sounds really pretty. Here is the link to that if you're interested.

http://www.moremusic.org.uk/user_uploads/79666449-make-you-feel-my-love-adele.pdf

Respected Contributor

I studied piano and music theory at a conservatory from age 4 until college. I have never heard of Hanon. I still play -- and practice. Mostly Baroque keyboard works.

Trusted Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

I studied piano and music theory at a conservatory from age 4 until college. I have never heard of Hanon. I still play -- and practice. Mostly Baroque keyboard works.

@libbyannE, just so you can be informed -

Charles-Louis Hanon (2 July 1819 – 19 March 1900)

Piano students all over the world know of Hanon’s famous training exercises.

~

Hanon piano exercises have been meticulously constructed to provide the optimum level of practice for pianists of all levels and abilities. The full series of exercises have a proven track record in improving technical skill, speed and precision stretching back well over a century.

First published in 1873, The Virtuoso Pianist by Charles Louis Hanon has become a valuable source of inspiration for piano teachers, students and performers. The original 60 Hanon exercises have now been perfected and transposed to every major key, offering participants the maximum performance training and practice available.

To gain the utmost benefits from the logical progression of Hanon exercises, it is recommended to practise these piano exercises on a daily basis. In that way, pupils will rapidly notice the difference as their fingers become stronger and far more adept at challenging works and techniques.

A key element of the piano finger exercises is the focus on the daily repetitions of strengthening hands and fingers. The primary idea is to instil independence and flexibility in the performing digits, allowing every pianist's internal virtuoso out onto the musical stage.

Through the focused and concentrated practice of these exercises, all students can attain the fundamentals of superb performance and playing.

With the strength, endurance and general proficiency that piano finger exercises can encourage, it is no surprise that the wonderfully illuminating work of Charles Louis Hanon has remained a primary text for all pianists wishing to improve their entire range of piano playing capabilities.

Respected Contributor

i studied piano from age 7 through college. applied music was my college minor with a senior recital required.  Hanon was with me all the way -  excellent for technique, dexterity and finger/arm strength.

Respected Contributor

As far as working on one's technique, Czerny was my man. Hanon was not as interesting.

All kinds of music can be found on musicnotes.com. And much of it can be printed online.