Respected Contributor

Still warm in upstate SC and we have rain.  At least we are getting some moisture.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

@dancingwoman I am in illinios,and we are to get 6 inches new yrs day.thankfully,I do not have to work that day,so I will enjoy watching it from my picture window.

I'm just west of you and we're expecting below 0 temps, a 12" snow, and high winds. Ugh.

Contributor

We got 22 inches over the last two days, boo!  Now it is going to get really cold.  We are slated for -20 tonight.  I live in northern MN so this is just winter to us.  

Honored Contributor

The Boulder County CO fire, the Marshall Fire, has caused two entire towns to be evacuated. Last I heard over 30,000 people were evacuated. The news shows homes burning and they are not just little shacks. They are large family homes in spread-out and open subdivisions. 1,000 homes gone. Target store and Costco store surrounded by fire. I've never seen anything like that before in Colorado. Prayers to everyone involved.

Boulder wildfires: Snow forecast could fight flames after evacuations

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee  It's just horrible..  A friend sent me a pic her cousin sent to her.    She lives in Lafayette..the sky was red.  She said the Target store in Superior burned along with so many other businesses and homes.  

Did you get any snow yet?  DW

Honored Contributor

@dancingwoman 

No snow yet. Probably start snowing late this afternoon. They've downgraded the amounts we'll get b/c of the wind. Now they are saying 1" to 3".  

Honored Contributor

@dancingwoman 

Looks like there's quite a bit of snow predicted for around the Boulder area. I saw that they might get something like 4 to 6 inches total starting around noon today. That should help with the fire situation a lot plus the wind speeds are decreasing. TG!

Trusted Contributor

I am inWis. Southern part,will begetting 5-8 in of snow!Glad I will  be home bound the next few days.

Respected Contributor
I live in SE Wisconsin along Lake Michigan. Expecting maybe up to a foot of snow & then temps down to single digits. Hit grocery this morning so will hunker down at home, watching from my living room window with my coffee. Stay safe everyone & have a Happy New Year!
Honored Contributor

I noticed the fireworks stopped, went to the door to check and it's raining pretty good.  Thank God.  As it gets colder tonight, it's supposed to change to a little bit of snow.   Tomorrow night temps in single digits.  This is in Albuquerque area. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment