Trusted Contributor

Good thoughts/prayers/whatever for my sister

She was diagnosed with colon cancer a year ago and next week is going to have colos...whatever it is when they take a look at her insides with a tube inserted where you think it's inserted (and your guess is probably right).

She was treated successfully (and very aggresively); because of this, she is now required to have one annually; this year's will be performed in a few days. She SAYS she's not worred but I can tell she is apprehensive--we've been sisters for a long time Woman Wink

She was treated with some kind of liquid (chemotherapy?) and today she has to have the port they used for it cleaned.

I feel sorry for her and I know we'll all be glad when it's over. So if you can, would you please say a prayer for her? or send positive energy, kind thoughts, whatever?

TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: Good thoughts/prayers/whatever for my sister

@FuzzyFace wrote:

She was diagnosed with colon cancer a year ago and next week is going to have colos...whatever it is when they take a look at her insides with a tube inserted where you think it's inserted (and your guess is probably right).

She was treated successfully (and very aggresively); because of this, she is now required to have one annually; this year's will be performed in a few days. She SAYS she's not worred but I can tell she is apprehensive--we've been sisters for a long time Woman Wink

She was treated with some kind of liquid (chemotherapy?) and today she has to have the port they used for it cleaned.

I feel sorry for her and I know we'll all be glad when it's over. So if you can, would you please say a prayer for her? or send positive energy, kind thoughts, whatever?

TIA

@FuzzyFace  Sending special good wishes your way for a healthy outcome of her test. Chin up. 🌺

Occasional Contributor

She will be okay.  In 2015 my husband had colon cancer that they caught early.  He had to have 12 inches of colon removed but no additional treatment.  He has to get a colonoscopy every year (in fact he goes on the 24th) to make sure that nothing returns.  I had cancer in 2016 with chemo and the port cleaning is no big deal, they just run some heperin and saline thru it.  Takes about 5 minutes.  Will say a prayer for both of you.  I have been on both sides of this and it is harder to be the support person than the patient.

Honored Contributor

Prayers and good thoughts for your sister with her colonoscopy.  

I lost my dad to surgical complications after his second surgery for colon cancer.   He lost 18 inches of his intestine with the first surgery, but needed no chemo.   Exactly 20 years later the cancer returned; his surgery was successful, but a common staph infection resulted in systemic organ failure and he never left the hospital.    

My heart goes out to anyone diagnosed with colon cancer.   

Honored Contributor

I pray that the procedure goes well and your sister has good news.  Bless you both!

Valued Contributor

@FuzzyFaceBest thoughts and prayers for a successful outcome for your family.  Take care!

Respected Contributor

Sending prayers for your sister and you! I also have a family history of colon cancer (dad & grandmother--both treated with only surgery) and am having my 10-year colonoscopy in a couple of weeks. It's always a little scary! I've had endometrial cancer, and once you've had any cancer, it's always in the back of your head that it might return someday.

Again, praying for a good outcome!

Trusted Contributor

Shanus, thank you.

Trusted Contributor

Red Top, thank you for your reassuring words :-)

Trusted Contributor

In fact, thank you all for your kind words! Woman Happy