Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@TrulyMe   you posted the same post three times. 

Contributor

I see that and I'm so sorry.  Wish I could delete although I'm sure it will be soon.

Honored Contributor

@TrulyMe 

Don't be sorry.  It should be repeated ....

----------------------------------------------

@TrulyMe wrote:

I see that and I'm so sorry.  Wish I could delete although I'm sure it will be soon.

Valued Contributor

Re: Good side to COVID

[ Edited ]

I'm sorry but I had to voice my opinion. I read this post and then started thinking about it while driving in my car.  Grateful for COVID??? I guess you didn't have a brother-in-law who died from it or an 83 year old mother-in-law that fought it and now has blood clots in her lung or a husband in the entertainment industry that will be lucky if he will be working by next year.  There were so many other ways to say you have experienced nice things during quarantine but grateful for COVID?  No way in hel........

Honored Contributor

While I do have a sister and two friends (all over the age of 70) who have recovered from the virus ... it's been a positive time for me personally.  Family is spread all over the East Coast - and they are all fine.  

This house arrest has been a productive time for me since so many of my normal activities has been cancelled for the duration.

• I've almost finished altering my clothes (mostly pants) and embellished some t-shirts, reorganized the kitchen cabinets and counter,  completed several charity afghans, and two vests and two sweaters for myself.  (couple more in the works)

• I can't count the number of webinars and zoom meetings and various other events that I attended onlne - some of which otherwise would not have been "zoomed" - and beng out-of-town, I would not have been able to participate.   
  • Since there were no salons open - I let my hair grow - something I wouldn't not have otherwise done.  So glad I did.  I'm loving it.  I had forgotten how wavy my hair is when it grows out.  Funny - in the past couple of days - I ran into a couple of friends on the street and they each mentioned my hair!  

• Didn't do as much reading as I had originally planned ... but now that I'm just about done with my "projects" .... I'll start reading.  I've downloaded a bunch of new books to my Kindle.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is religious

Honored Contributor

Re: Good side to COVID

[ Edited ]

@esther22 

The virus did nothing I consider good, for me, I am not talking about anyone else. My learning started at a very early age from my mother. From her I learned the basics, and just those basics informed me enough to learn and practice more of them, each year as I aged.

Since I've had memory, I cannot recall any time in my life where I even dreamt that "I had total control of my life". Maybe that is why it has been much easier for me to say "I do not worry or concern myself with things I cannot control". I have said that for years on many Forums on this Bulletin Board.

If this virus has a "good side" for me? I am still waiting and wondering, just what the heck it is, or might be.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@TrulyMe 

You can delete them. There are  .... at the Upper Right top of your posts. Click on them and you will see a dropdown the includes delete.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Good for you OP but my experience has not been so positive.  

Respected Contributor

Seriously?