Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

With all due respect, all of the positives the OP has taken away because of this experience were there all the time. All anyone had to do was look for them. From my perspective, there is nothing good about this nightmare, all its repugnant ramifications nor its hideous tendrils that will wrap around the future for who knows how long. It simply needs to end and folks can look for their silver linings another way...

@stevieb I agree.  People who have died alone in hospitals; loved ones in nursing home and families not allowed for months then are afraid to go for the person in the nursing home AND themselves (often elderly too) when they reopen. . . and on and on.   

No, the blessings were there.  This is a horrible horrible time for so many who are left with fear, loss, guilt, etc. etc. 

Esteemed Contributor

What a shame that it took something as horrible as Covid-19 to give her reason to appreciate these "blessings" that were her's all the while!

Thankfully, it did happen!

Honored Contributor

Re: Good side to COVID

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

With all due respect, all of the positives the OP has taken away because of this experience were there all the time. All anyone had to do was look for them. From my perspective, there is nothing good about this nightmare, all its repugnant ramifications nor its hideous tendrils that will wrap around the future for who knows how long. It simply needs to end and folks can look for their silver linings another way...

@stevieb I agree.  People who have died alone in hospitals; loved ones in nursing home and families not allowed for months then are afraid to go for the person in the nursing home AND themselves (often elderly too) when they reopen. . . and on and on.   

No, the blessings were there.  This is a horrible horrible time for so many who are left with fear, loss, guilt, etc. etc. 

Agree @Sooner  Normally, it seems a good thing to be able to make lemonade from lemons, but not, for me, with something of this magnitude that is so devastating. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I think those who've experienced COVID-19 personally would not agree.  But if this is what it took to make you a better person and feel the way you should have felt anyway, then that's fine.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I think many have realized how much less they really need. I try to look for both the good and bad in all situations. 

Esteemed Contributor

No good side at all.  None, nada, zip, zero.....

Honored Contributor

@esther22  I think it's unfortunate that it took an event so devastating to so many people to make you appreciate your life.  Good luck to you in the future.

Respected Contributor

Re: Good side to COVID

[ Edited ]

I can only think of three (tongue in cheek).

1.  Now people know how to properly wash their hands and cough into their elbows.

2.  Pets get to spend much more time with their "family".

3.  Saving money on haircuts and gasoline.

Denise
Contributor

For many there is significant prophetic relevance for all that is happening around the world including COVID.

Esteemed Contributor

lainelane -- I understand your good intentions and desire to look for inspiration, growth and strength in your world. It's important that we all learn to practice this. Better days ahead for us all. My hope.

Keep posting!  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau