advice-11.jpg

advice-12.jpg

advice-13.jpg

advice-14.jpg

advice-16.jpg

advice-17.jpg

advice-18.jpg

advice-advice-15.jpg

This is from a site called fempostitive.com.

Is there one that rings especially true to you?

Can you add anything?

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: Good advice for 20-somethings....

@house_cat   I think most of those points can refer to most of us...any age. Thanks for posting. 

Honored Contributor

Unfortunately, 20 somethings don't want your advice, they think they know more than you do and are happy to make their own mistakes. I must say, we all love to give advice though.

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

Unfortunately, 20 somethings don't want your advice, they think they know more than you do and are happy to make their own mistakes. I must say, we all love to give advice though.

@blackhole99   So true. My "kids" 46 & 47 still don't like advice from Mom or Dad. Sometimes they twist it around just enough to make it seem like they thought of it themselves...their idea/advice. Whatever. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

@blackhole99   So true. My "kids" 46 & 47 still don't like advice from Mom or Dad. Sometimes they twist it around just enough to make it seem like they thought of it themselves...their idea/advice. Whatever. 

@Shanus My son 35 never took any of the advice we gave him in his 20's, but he said he remembered it and that's why he's successful today. Can you IMAGINE!

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99   You did a wonderful job and it paid off. You must be so proud. 

Valued Contributor

The only advice I ever offer to anyone is to hold a baby every minute of every hour of every day you are able cause they grow too fast.

Valued Contributor

Education. Marriage. Children. If you change this order, you will also change the trajectory of your life. Your life will always be easier, if you can support yourself (words of wisdom from my now deceased father). Always put God and family first in your life.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@blackhole99 

THAT is when you know you have been the most effective...you plant the seed of an idea, wait for it to germinate, and it grows into their very own idea that spits out of their mouth.  Sweet success...mission accomplished.  Of course, no credit is given to you for your wisdom...but you know!

I came to this realization in the work world.  I would come up with an idea (or some other employee would have a good idea) that fell on deaf ears or would be shot down.  Then, miracle of miracles, the very same idea would come out of the mouth of management and it was golden!  I fumed inside for a long time as this process repeated itself, then I decided to use it to my advantage....if I got what I wanted in the end, I was the winner.  I became a planter of seeds!

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Honored Contributor

My advice--fund your IRA and 401K to the maximum and don't count on social security.