Esteemed Contributor

Re: Good Vibes Needed Today...

@lolakimono  Sending good vibes.  Hope you have a good time!

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

Bless you and your team.  Wish each and every one of them a wonderful trip.

i am in awe that you post such wonderful posts and still do all this.  Rest assured that some students will remember you with fondness.

Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono, We are supporting you!!! Relax you can handle anything Lola. Enjoy the day especially your "liquid dinner."100,000 good thoughts headed your way, Prov

Esteemed Contributor

God bless you all. Even underdogs win sometimes. Teachers are not appreciated because people do not believe all we do. Thank you for guiding our youth and teaching with your heart and wallet. In my eyes you are already a winner. ❤️ 🏆 

Honored Contributor

Of course our best wishes and thoughts are with you throughout this process.  i wish I had known you were going through this as I have a few ideas that might have assuaged some of your challenges.  Sounds as if you didn't have an appropriate time line to implement the needed resources for this event.  Just for future reference, there is an organization called Doner's Choose that is for teachers to request funds for classroom supplies and events.  You write a short grant (similar to what you wrote here) and people donate to your cause online (very high success rate of receiving your request especially because small amounts can be donated to your grant).  Also, some banks/credit unions offer annual grants just for these types of events.

There should have been more support from your school district in terms of supplying a bus and substitute coverage, but I'm sure you are more than aware of this so we won't go there.  

Are you a National Board Certified teacher?  Frequently, the district will pay more for an NBC teacher and your dedication to this event could be incorporated into this process.  It requires time to obtain, but will offset some of the money that teachers frequently pay out of pocket and is a prestigious title to obtain that assists if you are considering out of the classroom position or moving to another school.

Lola your efforts are so appreciated.  This event means so much to your students and will make an impact in their lives.  It is the camaraderie and process that will be forever remembered, not about the winning.  This is the heart of teaching that I know you are so well aware of.   Teaching is a life well lived, you have made a difference in the world.  You will survive this event, in spite of all the challenges and lack of support. Much respect and well wishes coming your way!Heart

Valued Contributor

I hope all of your hard work will be rewarded. The very best of luck to your team.

Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono   Good vibes friend and you are a special angel for all the wonderful things you do.  Stay safe in the weather.

Contributor

@lolakimono, Oh my gosh! I absolutely empathize with you. Obstacles keep popping up, yet you find/create ways to jump over, go through, or go around them. If it will benefit our students, we make it happen. You sooooo want your students to be life-long learners, and to benefit from an experience, that you are just...driven...to do whatever it takes to make it work. I am so excited for your students, and for you and your team today! I hope the staff situation works out, and that Mother Nature's next visit holds off until you are all safely back home. I bet your students will surprise you-maybe even surprise themselves, and be amazing competitors!
As a fellow educator, I "get it." I spend...so much money...out of my own pocket in order to help my students, and for my classroom in general as well. I would like to help you and your team. Is there any way to contribute to the cause? I know things must remain anonymous on these boards, so, staying mindful of that, if there is any way to help defray some of the costs you all have had to pay yourselves, I'd love to contribute. There is no better thing to invest in than our children.
At any rate, lots of positive vibes and support being sent from here. Keep us posted-you go, girl!
Honored Contributor

Sounds like your district has taught you to become a master at making “Stone Soup”. Good luck, and I hope your students have a really positive experience!

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono   The struggle is real and I became overwhelmed by the post about midway.  I PROMISE YOU THIS, as soon as I hit enter and submit this response I will get on my knees and say a prayer to the Infant of Prague that you and your students have a positive experience today and that the students feel a sense of pride that they were able to attend this event, regardless of the final outcome. Heart  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise