Honored Contributor

Re: Good Vibes Needed Today...

Here is an example of one of the winning posters (two languages together).

Cat Surprised

D1K7BkvWwAUEIZ6.jpg

Respected Contributor

All's well that ends well...I guess.  Makes a great story!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

OMG, @lolakimono  - You certainly have good vibes coming from me!

What a challenge to put on your and the other teachers' shoulders.  I have no idea how you coped with this, but I am full of admiration for your commitment.

(I just realized this was posted yesterday - rushing out the door and reading in a hurry.  I'll be back later to catch up on all the posts!)

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono, Congratulations on a wonderful job!  Sending you a virtual bouquet of roses!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono ---The winning posters are stunning. It's a  good thing I wasn't judging.

The parent who did the french one snitched a bit from Van Gogh, and the other is very interesting but not child's work.

Contributor

CONGRATULATIONS to you and your kiddos! Thank you for posting so many details about the day-love!

Respected Contributor

Huh? I couldn’t even understand what kind of competition you were talking about. 

Honored Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

Huh? I couldn’t even understand what kind of competition you were talking about. 

@libbyannE 

It is a languages day competition, for students of French and Spanish.

Frequent Contributor

Your students will remember this always.  As a teacher it always amazes me what the students most remember and appreciate. And it’s never the big content stuff it’s always the small everyday kindnesses. Like the Luna bars. How thoughtful!  

Glad it’s over. I find field trips so mentally exhausting but the students always appreciate it.  My department doesn’t do a lot of trips but I’m making an effort to change that.  

Esteemed Contributor

Congratulations @lolakimono to you and your team, for a job well done.  When i was a kid, i had teachers who took an interest in me, and made me a much better person than i would otherwise have been.  a teacher's interest and care has an incalculable value!  keep an eye on the twins!