Honored Contributor

Re: Good News Please add Your Good News

No particular good news here but I am so thankful that we are all well up to this point!

I worry about my kids but both seem to be in good spirits working from their homes. 

My DD who is a graphic designer and does a lot of free lance work has a client in CA that is a small business working in the medical field.  She's been working for them since October and they are busier than ever and have been doing a lot relating to COVID 19.  They have DD working on safety illustrations among other designs.  

I'm grateful that she has this job because who needs designers at this time?!!

Esteemed Contributor

My family, friends ,dog and I are healthy, hanging in there in homes that are comfortable, safe and with more than adequate food. I'm in a state with many reports of CV.

DS#2 became engaged a couple of weeks ago. Happy for them. No date yet.

Sun is out today!

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Mary Bailey 

Congrats on both wonderful announcements!  🎉🎉

Sounds crazy but my good news is my kids got their care packages today full of "necessities".  My GD called (she's 8) so excited to have Charmin TP, Puffs, hand sanitizer, Peter Pan PB and Ranch Dressing isn't this "sad" but funny in the new "reality" in life right now!

Then she said "oh grandmom I'm so excited you surprised me with Easter window clings!". Sorry, I forgot to thank you I was just excited to have the other stuff!  Right out of the mouth of babes😊

I'm praying things start getting back to normal soon🤞🏻🙏🏻

@homedecor1 :  That is too funny.  I also love window all holiday clings and have used them for years, even though I have no children at home.  Makes me happy.

Regular Contributor

My Nephew and his wife just had a beautiful baby girl!

They already have 3 adorable sons.

Honored Contributor

Just spoke to my dil that is expecting our first grandchild...a girl! She just 5 months along and is feeling her kicking and moving about. So happy we have this blessing to get us through this mess.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mary Bailey 

My wife and I are doing well as is our furry family. Every day I can hit my gym for a good long workout, is a good day!

Great thread and thank you.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

Today after 3 months from being hit by a car,and right knee shatter(see my previous post,I am blessed) I have graduated from a walker to a cane. Hope to be walking  without a in  another 3 months.(  I miss my 3 mile walks)

Honored Contributor

@GRACIE 

Glad to hear you are improving with your mobility. I know it takes a lot of work/time and patience when recovering from injuries. Hopefully time will fly and you can start working your way slowly back to your 3 mile walks. I get it from having been there more times than I can remember, but never a knee being shattered. Easy does it now.

My best to you, good things come to those who work hard.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

@hckynut  Thanks for your kind words of encouragement.

Esteemed Contributor

my daughter and teen granddaughters are coming for a short visit this weekend...to make sure we adhere to social distancing, i just taped two yardsticks together!  i'm so excited!!!