Respected Contributor

Back in December I was supposed to go to Thailand to visit my daughter (she lives and works in Bangkok). But the quarantine situation canceled that plan. This week she said she's taking me on a cruise in July! During her summer break from teaching. She will fly here (Florida), my hub will drive us to Ft Lauderdale. From there we will have ports in Key West, Cozumel, Belize, Bimini. Then back to Ft Lauderdale. 
I'm super excited and already shopping for cruise wear. Haha. Although most of my wardrobe is appropriate since I live in a hot humid climate. 
We are sailing on Celebrity Infinity. 
Any tips?

Harmonize the World
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Going on my first cruise

[ Edited ]

Have fun!

Respected Contributor

Oh how wonderful for you!

I hope you have a perfect trip!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

No words of advice except enjoy every minute!!

Honored Contributor

It's been a long time since I've been on a Caribbean cruise.  I remember having a wonderful time with my family!

Hope you have a great time! Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

@fairydogmother  DH and I were just there 2 weeks ago! We cruise very often and I am so excited for you to experience how wonderful and relaxing cruising is!!!

Have a fabulous time with your daughter!Heart

Respected Contributor

Wonderful, have a fabulous time. Most of all have time with daughter.

Respected Contributor

Are you at all prone to sea sickness? If so, take along something so as to be prepared for it. Or, even if you're not, take along meds for it anyway. I only say this because I surprisingly had it on my first cruise. I went with my best friend and it was crazy because she was the one prone to being sick and I wasn't. And you guessed it...I got sick and she did not. LOL!

Have a great time and make wonderful memories with your daughter...that's what life is all about! 🚢🌞⚓     

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Explore Cruise Critic dot com. Once you do you may want to join. It's free. They have a great website. It is so informative.  A special new to cruising forum is so helpful. Everything from dining to excursions,  activities on board, room preferences, fares are discussed.

If you like these forums you will also like Cruise Critic dot com.

You can actually find your  ship and sailing date and meet

(only if you like)  people who will be sailing with you!  

My tip would be explore your ship virtually so you will be familiar with it before you board. 

Have a great time. I've never been on Celebrity but I hear it's great.

I've sailed Holland America, Royal Caribbean, and Carnival. 
I've  loved them all for different reasons. My last cruise was in  July 2017. 

BON VOYAGE @fairydogmother 🚢 

@pupwhipped  great advice. Ginger Candy is helpful. Those prescribed patches are sometimes worse than seasickness. Bonine is good to. I was fine just a little dizzy when I sat the opposite way the ship was sailing. 😝 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

No tips, just my comment there is soooooo much food on a cruise!