Occasional Contributor

Re: Going on first cruise next week and need words of encouragement

Ask yourself why you "need encouraging."  As for me, we've been on lots of cruises, but I experience anxiety each and every time.  Event though it's always beautiful and I know I'm lucky, my feelings of worry take over.  So  I take something especially for the flight (my "happy pill") and sometimes even on board.  If you need something, by all means, you need it!!!!  And that's ok.        

If you're worried about seasickness, use a patch (always works for me) or dramamine.  And if you're apprehensive about being in such close quarters with misc family, just realize what a gift this is to spend time with them.  With both of my parents and my in laws gone, I'd love to have a week with them!  God Bless you, and I pray you will have a memorable and wonderful experience.  Please let us know how it goes!  Bon Voyage!

Contributor

Thank you Annie for your kind words. I will let you know how it goes. I am very happy that my in laws will be with us. 

Respected Contributor

Take a lot of disinfectant wipes.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Contributor

Cat whisperer, I already thought of that haha!

Trusted Contributor

@Janealma----My DIL's parents are headed to Alaska on their 4th Alaskan cruise.  They have done a lot of cruising and say this is the most spectacular.  They go the week you come back.

Have fun and enjoy!!!!!!!--------tedEbear

Contributor

If you haven't done a cruise before, you might want to take a Dramamine about an hour before the ship starts moving. I got sick the first day going to Alaska. I think the water is a little bit rougher there than in the caribbean.