Honored Contributor

Re: Going natural with my Christmas tree this year,

Ours will get decorated @dogsx3 We should all do what we like. I bought 12 beaded butterflies from Valerie during CIJ and I was seriously thinking of just putting them, along with 24 ivory glass ornaments on the tree this year. That would be about a tenth of what I normally do!

Esteemed Contributor

I don't decorate our 5ft flocked tree and also elevate it.  I have a beautiful white skirt.  I put it in our tv room.

In the living room I have a 7 1/2 ft tree.  I decorate it with family photo and Iridescent ornaments.

Both trees are pre-lit and can switch from multi colored or white lights.

I'll be putting them up soon.

Trusted Contributor

@Carolina925 wrote:

I have a friend who puts up her artificial tree on Nov 1st each year, leaving it undecorated except for the lights, until the day after Thanksgiving. I'd never heard of this before but love the idea. I found out about too late this year but just may do it next year. I love the way a lighted tree warms up a room. One thing I've finally learned this year is that we should all do whatever feels right to ourselves. Enjoy your tree and the season.

Yes, said beautifully !

Trusted Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

I don't decorate our 5ft flocked tree and also elevate it.  I have a beautiful white skirt.  I put it in our tv room.

In the living room I have a 7 1/2 ft tree.  I decorate it with family photo and Iridescent ornaments.

Both trees are pre-lit and can switch from multi colored or white lights.

I'll be putting them up soon.

SOunds beautiful !

Esteemed Contributor

One year I put up a six foot wrought iron tree so I could display my hundreds of handmade German ornaments.  It was a nice change of pace.  This year I'm putting up a six foot green tree with white lights. The skirt is via Etsy with avred, white and green crocheted skirt, red and green felted ball ornaments and laser cut wooden ornament in shape of snow flakes.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@patbz wrote:

One year I put up a six foot wrought iron tree so I could display my hundreds of handmade German ornaments.  It was a nice change of pace.  This year I'm putting up a six foot green tree with white lights. The skirt is via Etsy with avred, white and green crocheted skirt, red and green felted ball ornaments and laser cut wooden ornament in shape of snow flakes.

Handmade ornaments ! Sounds so beautiful, i ordered mini stockings from etsy for all the pets in our famil this year. Love handmade!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

All of your trees sound lovely. There is something to be said for simplicity and minimalism.

Honored Contributor

@dogsx3 @RetRN @patbz @Mary Bailey @AuntG 

I like natural and remember that in the past, I felt just like you feel. Put ornaments on really only for the fam.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~