Trusted Contributor

Going natural with my Christmas tree this year,

[ Edited ]

I have decided to leave my tree bare, just the white lights. I don't know why but sometimes trees can become too much, overkill, for me.  After putting my tree up ( a 5 foot tree) and putting it in a wine barrel we found at lowes, i am loving the natural look this year. So easy ! What are others doing this year?

Honored Contributor

Re: Going natural with my Christmas tree this year,

I'm going to hang a ScentSickle® from the ceiling fan....

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Didn't decorate my heavily flocked tree one year because I think it's prettier without decorations.  It looks like it just walked in out of the woods on a very snowy day. 

Trusted Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

Didn't decorate my heavily flocked tree one year because I think it's prettier without decorations.  It looks like it just walked in out of the woods on a very snowy day. 

Yes ! Thats what i think also ! It is so calming to "let go" and just enjoy beauty of simple. If only i could do that with my hair! Woman Very Happy

Frequent Contributor

We put our tree on the deck outside of the living room. We tack it down with guide wires. Only put red lights on it and a top piece. 
Since we have sliding glass doors, we are able to enjoy seeing it. The nice thing about having it outside is there are no needles dropping on the floor and we can keep it up til the end of March!

Respected Contributor

I just have a couple of small trees that I leave the decorations on. When the holidays are over, I put garbage bags over them to keep off dust and back in the closet they go.

Esteemed Contributor

@Hellcat64 Do you live in Amsterdam???  LOL, just kidding, it's actually a nice idea to put the tree outside.  Enjoy Smiley Happy

Myself, I will just do the usual ornament decorating with multiple colored lights.

I love my tree, it brings calmness and beauty to the room.

Frequent Contributor

@LindaSal  Lol. I'm in N.Y. One year I didn't feel like moving the furniture around to accommodate the tree, so we decided to put it on the deck. Also don't have to worry how tall it is. It looks really pretty when we have snow.

Trusted Contributor

I have a 5foot flocked tree from Valerie with lights. I put it in a bucket to raise it some.. it has no decorations on it either. I used it for my main tree last year, and will do the same this year. Simple and pretty.

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Respected Contributor

I have a friend who puts up her artificial tree on Nov 1st each year, leaving it undecorated except for the lights, until the day after Thanksgiving. I'd never heard of this before but love the idea. I found out about too late this year but just may do it next year. I love the way a lighted tree warms up a room. One thing I've finally learned this year is that we should all do whatever feels right to ourselves. Enjoy your tree and the season.