Respected Contributor

I actually have butterflies in my stomach about going back to work.ive been off for a week,and I feel like the new kid.crazy right?tomorrow should be a easy one tho,because I'm only working 2.5 hrs at the bar.

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam,

You will be fine, think positive!

Super Contributor

I'm new here, just wanted to say, you got this!

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

I actually have butterflies in my stomach about going back to work.ive been off for a week,and I feel like the new kid.crazy right?tomorrow should be a easy one tho,because I'm only working 2.5 hrs at the bar.

@Luvsmyfam   No, not crazy. I think it's natural to have butterflies, which doesn't really help how you feel right now. I say, just feel what you feel and let it ease out as you get familiar again with your work again. best of luck. 

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam You'll be fine! Take a deep breath, hold your head up and remember, you know this job! I think after 5 minutes you'll feel much better!

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids actually,boredom is about to do me in.yes,work is the answer

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam 

I can totally understand your feeling.  Feels good to be off for a few days but I don't want "off" all of the time.

Respected Contributor

I get it. Not unusual. I was in the same profession for 35 years. I didn't have to be off for a while, to have butterflies.

When driving into work, I'd be praying all the way, that everyone would be safe. That's because, sometimes they/we weren't. Talk about something that will age you before your time.

I must be crazy because I often miss it, when replaying some of the most challenging shifts in my mind, or when reminiscing with those who were in the trenches with me.

I think, in certain situations, and for certain personality types, we can become stress junkies. It's an real thing. We're pumped up by the adrenaline. It becomes welcome. This natural speed helps one through intense situations.

Without it spiking for awhile, you begin to feel like a sloth, but you do adjust. It took me several months after retirement to finally feel relaxed. But, the sense something is missing lingers. 

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam 

You're going back to work after taking a week off?  I don't get it.  When I first read the thread title, I thought maybe someone was going back into the workforce after taking off years...LOL!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@SurferWife no,this is the way I am.it was actually a great day.only worked 2.5 hrs,and everyone was cool.