Super Contributor

Glorious Dogwood...

[ Edited ]

I couldnt resist picking some for the house.This year they almost look like silk flowers ,so perfect

20190428_132712.jpg

Valued Contributor

So pretty...thanks for sharing!

Honored Contributor

Very nice.  Here in the PNW mine are just budding now so I have a while to wait.  

Honored Contributor

That's one thing we don't have in the West.  I miss them.  My parents had the prettiest pink one right outside the big living room window.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Glorious Dogwood...

[ Edited ]

@Tweety68  @Kachina624 and all.  I've always found it curious how anyone could say they didn't believe in GOD when we see all of the beautiful things in life HE created just for us to enjoy.

It's not like they provide a purpose (these beautiful flowers and trees and things).  They are just simply beautiful and some smell good.  They are here for us to stop and remember what life is all about....

Thanks for taking the time to remind us.......

I forgot to say.  A dogwood tree is special to our family.  When my daughter's baby died, she planted a dogwood tree in her yard.  

Super Contributor

Re: Glorious Dogwood...

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 , This picture was certainly a sign for you,That all is well and perfect .You are right about natures beauty,I find joy in breathing  fresh clean air,rain and flowers!

Esteemed Contributor

I had 7 dogwoods at my old house, I love them. 

Regular Contributor

Dogwood Legend - at the time of the crucifixion the dogwood was the size of the oak.  So strong was the tree that it was chosen as the timber of the cross.  To be used for such a cruel purpose greatly distressed the tree, and Jesus nailed upon it, sensed this.  And in His gentle pity for all sorrow and suffering said, “ never again shall the dogwood tree grow large enough to be used as a cross.  Henceforth it shall be slender and bent and twisted and it’s blossoms shall be in the form of a cross ... two long and two short petals.  And in the center of the outer edge of each petal, there will be nail prints, brown with rust and stained with red.  And in the center of the flowers will be a crown of thorns, and all who see it will remember.”

Super Contributor

@Scooty ,In grace we are reminded and forgiven..

Beauty

Esteemed Contributor

They are so beautiful 🥰