Respected Contributor

Re: Glitter Glitter Everywhere

I LOVE GLITTER!

Honored Contributor

I do think that glitter on decoration and cards, etc. is so pretty!  It's like fairy dust!  However, I don't like how it disburses all over the place.  So, I don't know how you get around that!!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

I guess that I don't get as worked up over glitter as I use to....the thing that does bother me is the floral decorations ...like candle rings....swags....tha use those colored styrofoam balls to look like berries....

Those fall off and get all over.....I had to get rid of all mine when I saw the dog trying to eat one...

Honored Contributor

Lol! Years ago I ordered an adorable glittery purse/clutch that when I received it I knew it would be a problem. It shed glitter everywhere. I didn't have the heart to return it though because it was too adorable. I decided to use it at my sons wedding, a month ago. You could see exactly where I was all night! I left a pile of glitte,r that by the nights end, everyone found it quite funny! It definitely was a conversation piece! PS wedding was fantastic!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

LOL I liked the stories about the glitter!!

A friend did tell me this week that she read to use a wet papertowel and wipe off the front of the card with the glitter!! It is supposed to remove it from coming off.  I am going to try this when I receive glitter cards in the mail!

I do NOT buy anything with glitter myself. But many people do seem to send cards with it on. It is pretty no denying that.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

I like glitter and don't gravitate away from it like some do.

I guess I've never had a mess of it that I swore it off.

I mean cats and dogs shed (and so do we!), but I wouldn't give up pets.

I'm not one to buy a carpet or a couch that 'hides' dirt, I clean it up.  Would be the same with glitter.

Esteemed Contributor

It doesn't bother me at all!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

A little bit of it is okay, but when it's everywhere, no thank you.

I try to avoid picking up glittery items so that I don't walk around the store looking like this:

Image result for glitter squirrel

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

@Gardengal55 wrote:

And your post reminded me of the time I was at some function during Christmas some years ago and I got some compliments on my makeup. I was told it was very becoming, festive, etc.  Well I went to restroom and noticed I had sparkles around my eyes and some around my cheeks. I had been setting out some table decorations loaded with glitter earlier and apparently rubbed my eyes or something afterwards. Actually I did look nice. Could not have applied my makeup intentionally to look that nice if I had tried!

@Gardengal55  Lol.  One day not too long ago I met the UPS driver to receive my packages and he said, "you are sparkling all over."  I had just been arranging some of Valerie's glitter picks, and it was everywhere my eyelids, face, arms.

Trusted Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

A little bit of it is okay, but when it's everywhere, no thank you.

I try to avoid picking up glittery items so that I don't walk around the store looking like this:

Image result for glitter squirrel

@mistriTsquirrel ... WOW!! Imagine how this sparkly squirrel would look at night!!! Lol Smiley Happy