Honored Contributor

Give up two holiday gatherings and save lives

Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings are going to cost a lot of lives this year.  Please consider staying home with your own household.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Give up two holiday gatherings and save lives

But party in the street all you want. 

Contributor

I think not...but you go right ahead.

Honored Contributor

I'm already going to be home alone on Thanksgiving.  However, I might risk it and go to my niece's for Christmas.  There would be 8 of us.  Time will tell.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@depglass wrote:

Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings are going to cost a lot of lives this year.  Please consider staying home with your own household.  

That's quite an assumption.

If lives are lost, I would tend to look at the street crowds first. How about you tell them to stay home!

Respected Contributor

I am not attending any gatherings. But I know people do not care about anyone but themselves. They want what they want & want it now. It is so sad that people now longer care about others. They refuse to follow any guidelines around here.

Esteemed Contributor

@depglass : not sure of the source of your information. I will be spending Thanksgiving with 4-6 other close family members at DB/SIL's home. Smaller gathering than usual.

Not sure about Christmas yet. Will celebrate at my home with my kids & their SOs the weekend before the holiday. Christmas Day will either be at my sister's house or at mine with neighbors who are in my "POD". All gatherings will be indoors.

You do you; I'll do me, and I will not tell any other adult what to do and how to do it. We have "rulers", elected and otherwise, to try and do that. Not for me.

Super Contributor

I don't think Depglas suggested partying in the streets is either safe or appropriate.  Of course, it is up to each adult individual, however, in this case, the consequences of our actions affect not only ourselves but others.  

Honored Contributor

I'm not sure we need any more lectures about this.

Respected Contributor

Well,  I just heard that if Texas was a country, itself, it would be in the Top 10 of the worst situations for the virus.

El Paso is in a horrible situation. Refrigerated trucks have come in for bodies and staff are exhausted.

I had planned on being holiday responsible, anyway, sheltering in place, but if the upticks we're seeing doesn't make folks double-down, it's beyond my comprehension.