Honored Contributor

Re: Girls, Whom Among Us Did WW Exchange Programs Of the 1980's?

@SouthernBee wrote:

@ECBG : That recipe looks delicious. During the winter, I roast a lot of vegetables in the oven using lemon pepper and olive oil. Still doing research on indoor grill to use for fish and lots of vegetables to use daily. Trying to decide on QVC TSV or something else, the one sold by BBB doesn't include the griddle. Thank you.

@SouthernBee The spray will probably be a 70% calorie savings.  I took the vegies out and rolled them up in a double paper towel.  The shiny part you see is Worcestershire sauce.  I use the vegies on a lot of grilled meats as well as salmon patties to cut out tarter sauce.

We've also been grilling cleaned, devained fresh or frozen shrimp.

Don't forget we can stir fry.  To me, low sodium soy sauce tastes sweet.  I can't make the trade on that one, I use less.

Honored Contributor

Gauging your frame

Women: If your wrist measures 13.5 cm (5 ½ cm) or less, you have a small frame; between 13.5 cm and 16 cm (5 ½ and 6 ¼ in) is a medium frame; 16 cm (6 ¼ in) and over is a large frame.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG  Just this week I resurrected the WW Zero Points Favorite Vegetable Soup. My neighbor went to WW meetings in the late 80's and early 90's and brought home the recipe book. I photocopied a lot of the recipes. Our favorite was the Zero Point Soup. Our kids called it F*rt Soup, because, well... I plan on making it this weekend. We have all the fresh veggies, so I thought, why not? Fortunately, we don't expect visitors.Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@ECBG  Just this week I resurrected the WW Zero Points Favorite Vegetable Soup. My neighbor went to WW meetings in the late 80's and early 90's and brought home the recipe book. I photocopied a lot of the recipes. Our favorite was the Zero Point Soup. Our kids called it F*rt Soup, because, well... I plan on making it this weekend. We have all the fresh veggies, so I thought, why not? Fortunately, we don't expect visitors.Smiley Wink

@PA Mom-mom OH!  I had forgotten about that soup!  It was also termed the Cabbage Soup!!!

Half water and half V-8 juice with green vegies as well as mushrooms.  I always preferred the frozen French green beans.

My friend love the soup, she added an envelope of Lipton's Onion Soup Mix.  Our leader said we'd need to add a fat with that edition, but it was SOOOO delicious!  

OUR SONS!!!  Would take Pyrex mixing bowls and stacks of grilled cheese sandwiches as an after dinner snack!!!  I had chopped SO much cabbage by hand I had calouses!!!  All I did was cook!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PA Mom-mom @SouthernBee @FiddleDeeDee @4kitties @Vivian 

Here's the soup!

Weight Watchers Cabbage Soup

1 can  low sodium V-8 juice

Water to equal

2 TBS. Worchestchire sauce

1 envelope Lipton’s Onion Soup mix

1 head of cabbage (only!) shredded (about 8 cups)

1 onion cubed

1 C chopped celery

1 C chopped fresh mushrooms

1 C frozen French beans

1 block frozen chopped spinach

(you can also cube zucchini or yellow squash, boc choy greens and stalk (Chinese celery), or add frozen turnip greens.

Low sodium recipe cut tomatoes may be added.

A cup of chopped okra can be added.

I have also added a little garlic.

In large stew pot, combine all ingredients and simmer 30 minutes.

The liquid should be 2/3 of your bowl when served.  If not, add more liquids.

***I used to buy a whole head of cabbage, cut it in small wedges, lightly stuff a blender, cover with water, chop, pour in colendar.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG  That's not the same recipe as mine, but I remember reading that any zero point veggies could be used.

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@ECBG  That's not the same recipe as mine, but I remember reading that any zero point veggies could be used.

@PA Mom-mom I'd love to see yours.Smiley Happy  Could you please take a picture on your phone and post it?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PA Mom-mom @SouthernBee @FiddleDeeDee 

@4kitties @Vivian 

Ladies, if any of you want some fun exercise, I would suggest Leslie Sansone walking CD.  Walmart just under $11.00.  There's also one for "older adults".Smiley Happy  ON AMAZON.

Leslie is on youtube so you can see what a class is like.

Leslie Sansone: Walk To The Hits - Radio Remixes (DVD)

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG  I love Leslie Sansone! Great for when it's raining or too cold!

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@PA Mom-mom I'd love to see yours.Smiley Happy  Could you please take a picture on your phone and post it?

@ECBG  I've been consolidating my recipes into a cookbook for my family, so I rewrote everything and got rid of the originals. Here is what I have:

Ingredients: 1 ½ Cup diced onion 10 packets chicken bouillon and 8 cups of water (or my preference: 8 cups chicken broth) 12 Cloves garlic (I'm wonderinf if that's a typo???) 4 Cups Chopped Green Cabbage 2 Cups Chopped Broccoli (optional - not in original) 7 Cups thinly sliced zucchini 2 Cups thinly sliced carrot 2 Cups chopped tomato 2 Cups celery 3 Cups sliced mushrooms (optional, but I think it lends a meaty element) 1 Can Cannellini beans (or other) (optional - not in original) ¼ Cup chopped fresh parsley 2 Teaspoons dried basil leaves ¼ Cup chopped fresh basil ¼ Tsp. pepper Directions: In a large stock pot, combine onion, broth mix (if using), and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent (don’t let the garlic burn).  Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Sautee for 5 to 10 minutes. Add 8 cups of water or the chicken broth and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook until vegetable are soft. About 20 minutes. At this point you can remove about 2 cups of the vegetables and puree them to make the soup thicker, but I don’t.