Esteemed Contributor

Re: Girls, Whom Among Us Did WW Exchange Programs Of the 1980's?

I am so glad Ikept my WW books. My favorite program was the initial points regime. It allowed me to allocate my food choices as I wanted. Once I get over my Covid-19  (not the illness but the pounds) I shall return to that program.

Honored Contributor

@texassunflower SO sorry to be a psst.Smiley Happy  

Do you remember the popular "reduced calorie" bread that was in grocery stores?  I'm thinking it was "Nature's Own".

Many thanks.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG : Just wanted to add extra information for anyone else interested: Try EBAY- I just ordered a hardcover copy in good condition for less than $4 and EDD of 9/4.Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@ECBG : Just wanted to add extra information for anyone else interested: Try EBAY- I just ordered a hardcover copy in good condition for less than $4 and EDD of 9/4.Southern Bee

@SouthernBee How thoughtful of you to take the trouble to come back and share your find!

Too bad we can't all get together somewhere and begin our OWN group!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG : Wish we could start a group. I need extra support and help. Sometimes when I read something can't comprehend but if someone can set up or show something makes it easier to get started and and motivation to continue. ❤️Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SouthernBee wrote:

@ECBG : Wish we could start a group. I need extra support and help. Sometimes when I read something can't comprehend but if someone can set up or show something makes it easier to get started and and motivation to continue. ❤️Southern Bee

@SouthernBee WHY can't we start a thread here?  We can share questions on what did/is working.

The only way to get a healthy start is start with the basic two weeks start intill the book arrives as well is get the Dukes Lower Fat mayo, and make ranch.  Other items you like as well like Bsalmic vinegar and oil. Pile in the non starchy fresh and frozen vegies.

I'd get extra measuring spoons and dry measuring cups that you can level off.  I have about 4 sets and they were always in the dishwasher.

Don't forget you have to eat EVER single thing on the list every day to hold cravings down and keep health up.  I already ordered the Dukes Low Fat Mayo with the blue lid to make ranch with skim milk from walmart.  I believe Target has reduced calorie bread.

My book was ordered today.  If you like, we can buddy up.   

You might want to get the items you like in so you can take the leap with me.  I always have a full salad drawer.

NO optional calories until week 5.

DO you have an accurate scale?  Several years ago I got one at Belk.

AND of course you need to call your doctor and let them know what you're doing.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG : Thank you. Accurate scale ? - like to measure food and or for me  to weigh or both and need brand recommendations. I don't  have any idea about my current weight but I can look at my self and not happy with results. Last doctors appointment was in January. Doctor said that I needed to do something but not the latest fad stuff but he said other than my physical handicap issues all my blood work - great. Blood sugar no issue, normal cholesterol, thyroid looked good but blood pressure a little high for the first time in 20 years but I knew and dreading his talk about extra weight gain. DH needs to join me on this journey but he will not until he sees results and he will not let me purge the house of junk food and other unhealthy items. He talks food 24/7.Will probably be another week before grocery shopping especially for vegetables and salad ingredients. I have never made any salad dressing from scratch. So far have a few semi healthy items- carrots but I know sugar, olive oil, regular oatmeal, frozen blueberries, natural roasted almonds, and walnuts. I have boneless and skinless chicken breast in the freezer, can tuna and salmon. 🤷‍♀️❤️Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SouthernBee I'm a night owl since because the virus has limited the days I work.

Firstly, your DH will have to make his own decisions every second of every day.  Your decisions are yours alone.  Perhaps you can encourage him.  (My DH knows if I have a salad with dinner, and he has had enough, he had better chose a green vegetable (for one of us to cook) or he will, never hear the end of it, as he said tonight, frozen turnip greens in hand!  (Part of my major was nutrition.).

I would tell him to chart what he eats himself.  Anyone fully committed to the plan would.

You will need an acurate scale to weigh yourself, same time, same clothes, and write it on a calendar so you can see results.  A size is 7 pounds.  You may want a WW food scale too.  I had the most simple one.  At that time it was like $10.00.

Your sucess will likely be different from DH, not only because of personality, but we have hormones (goodie), as well as a lower metabolism.  You may, however, have a fellow walker there!Smiley Happy

Carrots are one of the last vegetables.  They are all fructose and metabolize as sugar slowing your fat burning.  You need all of the green vegetables, tomatoes, think salad items the first two weeks.  

This is the time to get created with salad dressings and grilling fish.

Do you have an accurate weight scale?  I've weighed 5 pounds on each side of mine using flour.

Ebay probably has WW scales.  Bed, Bath, and Beyond is probably the best place for weight scales other than amazon.

This is close to the WW scale I bought at the meeting.  It's all I never needed since vegies are measured in cups.

Weight watcher scale | Etsy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG : Thank you for your help. Making a list to start shopping .Love eBay and BBB. Today making small changes like drinking more water. My problems are portion size, cravings for sweet and salty. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG : Thank you for the simple food scale- never could use the digital one. Noticed that QVC has TSV a indoor grill- will that be a good purchase to grill my food or do you have a better option? Trying not to be a pest. Ready to invest in me. I need all the help that is offered and love any quick and easy suggestions and options. Will also purchase extra measuring cups and spoons. Any other suggestions to make food prep and storage easier? I have the bed bath and beyond shop members price and the QVC TSV grill 95.99 with free sh and still need to add tax. They have two of WW body scale- would you recommend the body analysis digital ( for me $23.99). Ordered the cheapest WW food scale on eBay. Just looked in mirror and gave self stern preaching about choices and doing better. Hopefully will be brave enough to get on scale.