Honored Contributor

Re: Girls, Whom Among Us Did WW Exchange Programs Of the 1980's?

@Free2be @4kitties @SouthernBee @Trinity11 @tiny 2 

Happy Mother's Day Ladies!

Mothers Day.jpg

Honored Contributor

and Ladies,

LOVE the grilled white chicken strips in the marinade of oil, vinegar, a beaten egg, and a lot of poultry seasoning.  No sugar at all!

I had 3 pieces, 1/2 C angel hair pasta (my only bread today) 2 Tbsp pesto, 1/2 C roasted yellow squash and roasted okra.

Lunch was 1/2 C cottage cheese, and 1/2 C cut up pear halves in their own juice.

Honored Contributor

@Free2be @4kitties @SouthernBee @tiny 2 @Trinity11 and Ladies 

Yesterday,  after Mother's Day dinner we came back to our house for dessert and gifts.

I got dessert at 3pm at our Fresh Market on Saturday.   I needed 2 bar cakes or something that size.  Also, DH likes something sweet after dinner.

I got the chocolate granache cake.  One word!  OH MY!!

I had a tiny slice last night and some today.  This cake is like fudge!!!!

Chocolate-Ganache-Cake-2019-35836.jpg

Respected Contributor

That cake looks so good.  Nice choice.   And nice that you treat yourself once in awhile @ECBG .    

I am back on track and have some treats in the freezer only for reward purposes.  That sounds like I should shout out a big "Woof!" but I do need to behave to get any of the good stuff and if the scale number goes up, the freezer door stays shut.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Free2be wrote:

That cake looks so good.  Nice choice.   And nice that you treat yourself once in awhile @ECBG .    

I am back on track and have some treats in the freezer only for reward purposes.  That sounds like I should shout out a big "Woof!" but I do need to behave to get any of the good stuff and if the scale number goes up, the freezer door stays shut.

@Free2be 

Thank you.  

WW says to reward yourself with a new top, a pair of er's, or something you want.

Honored Contributor

I reached another level today!  An expensive designer leather belt I bought (which I was going to have a stretchey insert sewn into the back) fits!  Whoopie!

I found out at our son's 40th birthday dinner, I didn't have a care for mashed potatoes and mushroom gravy!  Occasionally, I just feel like a little tast of baked potato with a pat of butter.  (I love the sour cream dressing I used to make, but don't have "a taste" for it now.).

Tonight

Leftover cube steak with green pepper and onions

Roasted okra.

How are you doing, ladies?

Remember, rewards are never food items.  Get some earrings or a pair of shoes, new hand lotion!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG : So happy for you and your continued success. 👏🏻💐🤗❤️

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@ECBG : So happy for you and your continued success. 👏🏻💐🤗❤️

@SouthernBee 

Hello my Dear!

I SO wish we were neighbors!

I intend to continue roasting vegetables!  I like them so much better!  I haven't done anything with broccoli yet, but there must be a way!  I steam now, add a tad butter and cheddar for DH.

As for potatoes, the only type I really would like (not to the crave stage by any means) is a twice baked potato.  I don't even DO those except for Christmas Dinner!

I love cube steak this way so much more than done in milk gravy!  Men of the world are passing out!!!

I DO like a little buttered potato with fresh green beans.  It's too bad we can't get the homemade flavor without stringing!  I've passed half of the obstickle by saving my manicure  (which I do myself) with food grade non laytex gloves!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG @Free2be @4kitties @Trinity11 @tiny 2 and very special friends.The month of May for several reasons has been very emotional and difficult for me. I have cheated and stumbled but haven't fallen off the cliff as in my previous attempts for weight loss and doing better. I still at least eat better 80 % of the time with small victories. My example for today: Started off with healthy breakfast and lunch.I was able to get on my recumbent bike but needed DH to place my small left foot on the pedal. This was my first day for exercise. I didn't apply any resistance, push for speed or distance - just stretching and moving . Stayed on the bike for 10 minutes. Tomorrow morning will repeat and add resistance next week. This afternoon DH went to the grocery store and returned with two cartons of the new blue bell ice cream flavor: chocolate sheet cake. I enjoyed some but will move forward. I have changed for the better and still determined to do better. I truly appreciate everyone's suggestions and support.🤗❤️❤️

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee 

I can easily understand.  Be sure you eat the full plan every day so you are satisfied. 

What do you think was the trigger here?

Was it the brand of the ice cream?

Was it the chocolate?

Was it the sugar?

Do you feel starved or deprived in any way?

One thing you can do is get a serving spoon and eat out of that or use a custard cup as your bowl.

Also, if you will Google Edy's slow churned icecream, it has 1/3 less the fat.  The French Silk is amazing, you will never know it has less fat.